These wicked Torturers don't wield conventional weapons - the tools of their trade are intended to inflict pain upon their Undead victims rather than death. If you underestimate them, you'll find that regardless of their intention, they certainly can kill you.1
There are multiple along the path to the Undead Purgatory. Bonfire Intensity 2+ only.
- Medium Fire, Lightning and Dark Resistance
- Low Magic Resistance
- Cracked Red Eye Orb (rare)
- Cracked Red Eye Orb (common - SOFS only)
- Bloodied Whip (Whip wielders - very rare)
- Halberd wielding executioners can do one attack followed by a spin follow-up, or a three hit combo that can be used multiple times in fairly quick succession.
- The Halberd wielding torturers have a grapple attack with their halberds that raise you up and then slam you into the ground.
- Will do a kick with a fairly long build-up if you have your shield up. If it connects, will drain a lot of stamina and often break your guard.
- They're very easy to stagger. Just dodge an attack then get aggressive.
- The three-hit combos leave them very vulnerable for backstabs. Block/dodge the first hit, and start moving around the right. The second hit generally misses, but might get you on occasions, while the third one is almost a 100% miss. At this point in time you're right behind them, if not already doing a backstab.
- The strange polearms seem to be spiky versions of Titanite Mancatchers.
- Halberd wielding executioners can be parried and riposted.