A torch made by soaking the end of a long
stick in pine resin.
Light the torch on the fire of a sconce
to illuminate areas for a short time.
Find new torches to extend this period.
Torches can even be lit on bonfires,
the flames of which do not normally
set objects alight, due to the coating
of the bones used to fuel them.
- Treasure near the bonfire in Things Betwixt, behind the wagon.
- One is on body resting on a dead tree in the area with scaffolding and burned bodies in Forest of Fallen Giants.
- In the area with large tree roots and ruined buildings in Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Treasure on a ledge above the firebomb throwing Hollow Royal Soldier overlooking the courtyard with the Old Ironclad Soldier in Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Three in a chest after the door requiring Soldier Key that leads to the King's Door in Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Three can be found inside a chest on the top floor of the mansion in Majula.
- Three on top of the wall in the Lost Bastille. Accessible by two illusory walls in the same tower where Straid of Olaphis is.
- One right after leaving the first poison mist in Harvest Valley.
- One behind the boards that the nearby Mounted Overseer can destroy after the second bonfire of Harvest Valley.
- On a body after dropping down from above in the circular room in Iron Keep.
- One at the beginning of the large area filled with water in Doors of Pharros.
- One in the building after taking the first zip line in Brightstone Cove Tseldora.
- One on a body in the spider cave full of webs before the Duke's Dear Freja in Brightstone Cove Tseldora.
- One can be picked up in the room accessed by lowering one of the bridges in Grave of Saints.
- One is inside a pot in the lower levels of the Gutter.
- One on a body near some pots in Black Gulch.
- Three on a body after the first building in Shrine of Amana
- Near the end of Memory of Vammar.
- Five on a ledge in Shulva, Sanctum City, under the bonfire leading to Cave of the Dead. Hop onto a ledge while riding the elevator to reach them.
- Five in the second cell gauntlet in Iron Passage.
- The torch is wielded in the left hand, replacing the player's left equipment.
- The remaining time can be seen on the torch's HUD icon (when equipped) and on the equipment screen.
- The torch is not a consumable item but a pickup that adds to a timer, indicating how long the torch will burn. Each torch found gives an additional five minutes of light, and carries over to the next play-through.
- If you get soaked in oil by the enemies in No-man's Wharf, wielding a lit Torch will cause an explosion.
- The torch can be lit:
- At a bonfire, press the toggle button to cycle between lighting a torch and resting.
- At a lit sconce.
- By using a Flame Butterfly.
- To extinguish the torch:
- Cycle between left hand weapons or wield the right hand weapon two-handed.
- Roll in water.
- Walk through a waterfall.
- Walk into a blizzard.
- Illuminates the environment, making it easier to see distance objects and enemies.
- Increases lock-on range by around x1.5.
- Light sconces in the environment.
- Dark Stalkers in No-man's Wharf will flee from the player.
- Lighting the scone in Steady Hand McDuff's workshop in The Lost Bastille causes him to move to his anvil, allowing the chest he sits on to be looted for the Craftsman's Hammer and x1 Twinkling Titanite.
- Ignite the oil in the locked rooms before the Lost Sinner's boss room; this illuminates the arena, making locking onto her easier.
- Used to destroy the windmill in Earthen Peak. This will drain many pools of poison from the area, including the one in the boss room.
- Required to light sconces in Dark Chasms of Old.
- Makes it easier to see the start of deep water in Shrine of Amana and platforms in The Pit and The Gutter.
- Cannot be upgraded.
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are A / B / C / D / E:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
The Aux Effect stat dictates how effective the weapon will be at causing the effect. The Aux Effect stats for a weapon are A / B:
|Counter Strength:||Damage multiplier when hitting an enemy that is performing an action such as attacking. Value of 100 means no extra damage.|
|Poise Damage:||The ability of the weapon to break the poise of an enemy.|
The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively.
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon,
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 100% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing
The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat.
The Damage Reduction % of the weapon. It dictates how much damage the weapon mitigates while blocking.
|Aux Effect Reduction:||
The Aux Effect Reduction % of the weapon. It dictates how much of the effect the weapon mitigates while blocking.
|Stability:||Determines the amount of stamina expended to block an incoming attack. A higher stability also allows you to block stronger
attacks without breaking guard and reduces the amount of stamina depleted from blocking attacks.
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 70% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going
over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.
|Enchantable? Items/Spells:||Determines whether or not the weapon can receive a temporary damage buff by items and/or spells. Note that if you decided
to infuse the weapon it cannot be enchanted by items.