Inside the giant pit…
Live the tiny beings that were once man's friends.
To face what is beyond the pit… One must have both strength and courage.
Enough to deny death itself…1
Ring of the Evil Eye
Great Lightning Spear
Dragon Talon (SotFS)
A deep hole between the houses in Majula.
- Grave of Saints, halfway down, there is a doorway after you jump a few times.
- The Gutter, a separate doorway further down from Grave of Saints.
Surviving the fall
The first fall is the furthest, and thus causes the most damage.
At absolute minimum, around 1368 total combined HP and fall damage reduction is required to survive the fall.
Determining an exact minimum needed to survive can be difficult because both equip weight and forward momentum slightly increase fall damage.
If your max HP is low:
- Unequipping everything except for fall damage reduction items is recommended.
- Very slowly and carefully stepping off the edge to avoid forward momentum is recommended.
|Third Dragon Ring||+7.5% max HP
+12.5% max Stamina
+12.5% max equipment load
|Second Dragon Ring||+5% max HP
+10% max Stamina
+10% max equipment load
|First Dragon Ring||+3% max HP
+5% max Stamina
+5% max equipment load
|Life Ring||+5/7.5/12.5/15% max HP|
|Blue Seal||+3% max HP|
|Silvercat Ring||-600 falling damage taken|
|Flying Feline Boots||-450 falling damage taken|
|Sanctum Knight Leggings||-300 falling damage taken
Makes your footsteps silent
|Jester's Tights||-300 falling damage taken|
|Lion Warrior Skirt||-300 falling damage taken|
|Red Lion Warrior Cape||-300 falling damage taken|
|Lion Warrior Helm||-150 falling damage taken|
|Lion Warrior Cape||-150 falling damage taken|
|Lion Warrior Cuffs||-150 falling damage taken|
|Fall Control sorcery spell||-1599 falling damage taken|
- With the Silvercat Ring equipped (-600 falling damage) and everything else unequipped (0.5 equip load), 768 HP is enough to survive the fall.
- You can survive at 22 Vigor with nothing equipped but the Life Ring +0 (+5% HP) and the Blue Seal (+3% HP), 1480-1500 total HP.
- (Scholar of the First Sin) If unwilling to spend souls on the Silvercat Ring or level Vigor so much, Lion Clan Warrior equipment can be obtained early on by getting a Fragrant Branch of Yore from Melentia, the Forest of Fallen Giants trick jump, or No-Man's Wharf and running to the 3rd Shaded Woods bonfire.
- Pay 3,500 souls for the medium ladder, then climb down and jump across. The doorway below you leads to Grave of Saints.
- Pay 12,000 souls for the long ladder, then climb down. The platforms below you eventually lead to The Gutter. Up the other ladder next to you is a locked door which requires the Forgotten Key.
Behind the Forgotten Key door:
- Great Lightning Spear
- Witchtree Branch
- Witchtree Bellvine
- Soul Vortex
- (Scholar of the First Sin) Dragon Talon
Skipping Grave of Saints:
- A chest contains the Ash Knuckle Ring, located just above the exploding Undead Citizens and the Gutter access
- Disc Chime is in the same room, you have to jump from the area with the chest.
- A crystal lizard is also on the bridge. Beware that it will likely drop it's loot through the bridge.