She attempted to recreate the first flame, and after failing in it has punished herself ever since. Holder of one of the four Great Souls.
- Lucatiel's sign can be found at the bottom of the elevator.
- High Fire Resistance
- Moderate Lightning and Dark Resistance
- Low Magic Resistance
- Can be poisoned
- Jump Slash - Jumps and downward swings
- Thrust - A simple thrust attack
- Combo - two hit combos of sword attacks
- Parry - She can parry and riposte the player, rarely happens.
If you have the Bastille Key from Belfry Luna, you can open the two doors just outside the boss arena. Use a torch to light the oil in both rooms to create enough light to allow locking on the Sinner even when she jumps away. Doing this is recommended for archers and mages, as the lock-on range is very short when the room is dark.
It is recommend to use a shield with high physical resistance. If you prefer dodging her attacks, circle her clockwise.
With a shield in hand or good rolling skills, there's not much to this battle. Be careful not to overuse your stamina so you always have enough left to roll or block.
Lucatiel can deal significant amount of damage to the boss while you draw the aggro with the Redeye Ring. With a Tower Shield equipped the Sinner can't deal damage to you if you manage stamina well. Counterattack only when the Sinner finishes a combo attack.
You have to attack from time to time even with Redeye Ring equipped, as Lucatiel can still get some aggro. Try to be near to the boss as much as possible. You will not have much time to run for a hit. Do not rush and be patient, Lucatiel can kill the Lost Sinner alone as long as you keep aggro.
If you do not have a Tower Shield or enough Strength to wield it, you can use any normal shield as long as it has high damage protection. Tower Shield is preferable due to the Greatshield's stability.
- She can be parried, but not riposted. She'll be stunned for a moment. It should be noted however, that the window of time during which she is stunned is far shorter than most other parryable bosses, so parrying isn't worth the risk in most cases.
- The insect demon that crawls into her eye in the introductory cutscene is very similar to the demon inside the Bed of Chaos in the first game.
- Profound Still Can prove very useful on NG+ if you are having difficulties with the two pyromancers.