Charred, ashen bones.
Cast them into the Far Fire in Majula
to increase the HP restored
with each use of your flask.
They say these are the remains of a saint
who cast himself into the bonfire.
But we will never know for sure,
for soot and ashes tell no story.
- ln Heide's Tower of Flame, kill the second Old Knight in the area. This is a 100%, one time drop.
- In Sinner's Rise, from the bonfire, go down the steps to the bottom level and take the elevator down to the floor level where there is standing water. Go through the door and to the left, and defeat the Enhanced Undead. The dust will be on a corpse.
- In the Undead Purgatory, before the boss, where the Red Phantom awaits. Jump to the right of the bridge, and grab it from the corpse.
- in Iron Keep after killing the Old Iron King boss. There is one in a chest.
- in Black Gulch after killing the Rotten. There is one in a chest.
- Maximum Estus Flask bonus is +5.
- Each upgrade increases the health restoration of Flasks by 50 HP.
- After reaching Estus Flask +5 the dusts can still be obtained and show up in the inventory but are useless. Trying to upgrade the flasks further will only show a dialog telling you "Cannot burn further items".