In Game Description
Soul of a Giant who came to conquer Drangleic.
Will the Giants' resentment for the King
be pacified in death, or only emboldened?
Can be used to acquire souls, only…
The more Souls of a Giant you have in your inventory, the less damage resistance King Vendrick has. (Each halves Vendrick's resistance multiplier, which starts at 32x. At 5 Souls of a Giant, the modifier will be 1x.)
Consume to receive 10,000 souls.
- One is dropped by the two Elite Giants in Black Gulch. Using a Bonfire Ascetic on either bonfire will no longer allow the Giants to drop another soul (tested v1.10)
- Three are located within the Memory of Orro, the Memory of Vammar, and the Memory of Jeigh, which can be accessed through the Ashen Mist Heart.
- One is dropped by the Ancient Dragon in Dragon Shrine.
- As having more than five has no effect on Vendrick's damage resistance, you should consume any excess Souls of a Giant you acquire.
- This item is not lost when going to NG+.
- The only soul item in the game that states "Can be used to acquire souls, only…", in such a manner in the description to try to trick players. Unless the player understands what an ellipses is (the '…' Which foreshadows the consequences).