Ring depicting a hand grasping a stone.
Increases magic attack, but reduces
The origin of this ring is unknown,
but its design suggests one of the darker deities.
Effective use of this ring requires skill
on the part of the wearer.
|Sorcery Clutch Ring||Increases Magic damage, decreases physical defenses by 80 points.||30||2.0|
The Sorcery Clutch Ring increases the Magic AR (attack rating) stat of a weapon and decreases the player’s defense stats for Strike, Thrust and Slash by 80 points each. The following are the rules for the highly variable AR stat increases provided by the ring:
1) The bonus is not affected by a weapon’s reinforcement, nor a character’s stats.
2) A weapon must have a Magic attack stat for any effect to take place.
3) Ordinary (Titanite -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Magic will receive 15 AR.
5) Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Magic , without a pre-existing Magic stat, will receive less than 30 AR. The worse a weapon takes a Magic reinforcement, the worse the bonus will be.
6) Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Magic , with a pre-existing Magic stat, will receive more than 30 AR. The better the weapon’s innate Magic characteristics, the greater the bonus.
7) When a special weapon that had a pre-existing Magic stat is infused with a different element (Lightning, Fire, or Dark), the bonus will be less than 30 AR. The greater the diminishment of the base Magic stat, the greater the diminishment of the Magic bonus.
8) Special weapons infused with Raw, Enchanted, or Mundane will continue to receive the full 30 AR bonus to any pre-existing Magic stat.
9) IMPORTANT: The ring also increases the Magic stats of catalysts, thereby increasing the strength of spells cast with those catalysts.