Online play item.
Leave summon sign.
Be summoned as a shade to another world
in order to help that world's master for
a certain time. You will be rewarded for
successfully assisting the other player.
The effect is not as long-lived as that of
the White Sign Soapstone, and it is used
only in particular places to provide assistance.
- After being summoned, fulfilling your duty to the host will earn you a Smooth & Silky Stone and restore your humanity. You may fulfill your duty in one of the following ways:
- You assist the host in defeating an area boss.
- You remain in the host's world long enough to "time out" and be sent back to your world without killing an area boss.
By default, the Small White Sign Soapstone allows the player to be summoned for a little over 8 minutes. However, every enemy that is killed will lessen the remaining time. This can result in a very short session if a summoned shade is helping a host kill lots of enemies in a level.
- If you are a member of the Heirs of the Sun covenant, you will appear as a Gold Shade, otherwise you will appear as a White Shade.
- Matchmaking is determined by Soul Memory and the item used. See Online Matchmaking for more details.
- Unlike the large White Sign Soapstone, defeating an area bosses does not stop the ability to see and summon from small white signs in that area.