A spice exuding a peculiar aroma.
A spell demands devotion from its caster,
but using this spice makes a chosen spell
attainable with 1 less intelligence. Will only
work with assistance from a certain person.
The spice does not raise one's intelligence,
but only obfuscates the requirement.
Lowers the required Intelligence level to cast a specific Sorcery or Hex by one. This is done through Magerold of Lanafir in Iron Keep through his Incense menu option.
Spells cannot be spiced to require lower than 10 Intelligence.
- One sold by Carhillion of the Fold for 13,000 souls.
- Harvest Valley: in an alcove in the Artificial Undead ambush area.
- Harvest Valley: in a cave full of poison mist in the final section.
- Earthen Peak: on the ledge with the breakable railing.
- Iron Keep: one near the three Alonne Knight Captain archers after climbing the ladders in the room full of platforms.
- Iron Keep: one on the lava platform path near the first bonfire, along with three Bonfire Ascetics. (Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin only)
- Belfry Sol: three around the area.
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora: in the spider webs when descending in the chamber before the boss.
- Undead Crypt: on a body under the platform after Grave Warden Agdayne's room.
- Undead Crypt: near the second bonfire.
- Aldia's Keep: one on a corpse before the final Ogre.
- Iron Passage: Inside the second set of cells.
- One is received as a reward from Royal Sorcerer Navlaan's quest line.
- Dropped by Undead Prisoners in Grave of Saints (rare)
- Dropped by Leydia Witches in Undead Crypt (uncommon)
- The Faith counterpart is Skeptic's Spice.
- Play offline to avoid being invaded by members of the Bell Keepers covenant.
- Use Bonfire Ascetics on the Belfry Sol bonfire to respawn the spices.
- One is located to the left of the door at the beginning of the area.
- One is located behind the tower with the ladder going up to the rooftop.
- One is located at the bottom of the rooftop, on the far right side (from the ladder going up to the rooftop).
Other items of note:
- The Mad Warrior may occasionally spawn near the second spice, and can be killed for his armor set.
- The Dual Avelyn Bell Keepers have a small chance of dropping the Black Witch Domino Mask and are the only source for it.
- Use Bonfire Ascetics on the Mines bonfire to respawn the spices.
- One is located in one of the rooms in the area with all the Artificial Undead.
- One is located in the underground poison gas-filled corridor just after the bonfire.
- The Covetous Demon must be killed every time.
Other items of note: