An unknown corrupted sorcerer found locked away in Aldia's Keep, claiming to be an infamous heretic from the pages of history. Navlaan and everyone who knew his name were put to death long ago, so who is he?
He can be found on the ground floor, under the giant staircase to the right.
If freed via the lever, Navlaan will invade in these spots:
|Location||Area||Bonfire Ascetic Respawn|
|Forest of Fallen Giants||The Place Unbeknownst, only after obtaining Giant's Kinship.||The Place Unbeknownst|
|The Gutter||From the first bonfire, go forward, fall into the hole, and jump to the platform with the torch hollow.||Upper Gutter|
|Brightstone Cove Tseldora||In the area with the crystal spikes on the ground.||Lower Brightstone Cove|
|Drangleic Castle||In the room with the cursed painting of the Queen.||King's Gate|
|Aldia's Keep||Before the last Ogre.||Ritual Site|
|Dragon Aerie||When walking on the bridge after the third Guardian Dragon.||Dragon Aerie|
- To start his quest line, you need to talk to him as a hollow without pulling the lever to free him.
- He will task you to kill Laddersmith Gilligan. You can either kill him or purchase the Ladder Miniature from him instead. Return to Navlaan, he will give you a Dispelling Ring.
- He will now task you to kill Cale the Cartographer, who should reside within the Majula mansion or in Forest of Fallen Giants. You can either kill him or have him give you his helm. To get him to give you his helm, you need to complete his quest line (see Cale's page for details). Return to Navlaan, he will give you a Simpleton's Spice.
- He will now task you to kill Felkin the Outcast. You can either kill him or find the Sunset Staff outside Aldia's Keep or talk to Felkin with at least 20 intelligence and 20 faith to make him give one to you. Return to Navlaan, he will give you the Forbidden Sun pyromancy.
- He will now task you to kill the Emerald Herald. You can either kill her or talk to her at Dragon Shrine to receive the Aged Feather. Return to Navlaan, he will give you the Unleash Magic sorcery. You can also access his wares as a hollow.
- He will also give you his Chaos Set if you talk to him after finishing the quest line.
|Black Witch Hat||8||7,200|
|Black Witch Robe||8||7,700|
|Black Witch Gloves||8||5,600|
|Black Witch Trousers||8||6,500|
|Thunder Quartz Ring||1||8,400|
|Great Magic Weapon||8||6,000|
|Strong Magic Shield||8||6,300|
- Complete his quest line to receive a Dispelling Ring, a Simpleton's Spice, the Forbidden Sun pyromancy, the Unleash Magic spell and his Chaos Set.
- Talking to Navlaan whilst hollow will begin his assassination quest line (the quest line will become unavailable if you free him).
- Pulling the lever in Aldia's Keep will release him, allowing you to be invaded by his 'corrupted' side in various locations (Note: He will invade whether you are human or hollow if you speak to him after freeing him).
- You can kill him after releasing him to stop him from invading.
- He will sell you his wares in hollowed form only if you've completed his quest line and have not released him.
- He will sell you his wares in human form only if you've released him.
- Turning in items for his assassination quests does not discard the item.
- A Bonfire Ascetic will not reset the lever if it's pulled or revive him if he's killed.