PvP Soul Rewards
What determines the amount of Souls dropped by other players in PvP?
The amount of souls awarded in PvP is a fixed amount based on your opponent's level. The amount they are carrying has no effect on what they drop, and is instead a percentage of the cost it took them to reach their current level (from their previous one). A level 100 player will drop some percentage of 13,545 souls, the cost of leveling up from level 99 to 100.
In most situations where an invader or hostile phantom kills another player, the invader will receive 10% of the leveling cost. This includes:
- Defeating a host through a Cracked Red Eye Orb invasion.
- Defeating a host as a Bell Keepers Invader.
- Defeating a host as a Red Sign Soapstone summon.
- Defeating a host as a Dragon Remnants summon.
- Defeating a Red Phantom as a Blue Sentinels summon.
Additionally, hosts will also only receive 10% in cases where the PvP is consensual for the host. This includes:
- Defeating a Red Phantom summoned through a Red Sign Soapstone sign.
- Defeating a Dragon Spirit summoned through a Dragon Eye sign.
- Defeating a Grey Spirit summoned through the Rat King Covenant.
In most situations where a host defeats a hostile phantom who invaded their world without consent, the host is awarded 37.5% of the leveling cost. This includes:
- Defeating a Bell Keepers invader.
- Defeating a Cracked Red Eye Orb invader.
- Defeating a Cracked Blue Eye Orb invader.
This category also includes:
- Defeating a Rat King Covenant host when summoned as a Grey Spirit.
Rewards Zero Souls
Killing a host when invading through the Cracked Blue Eye Orb awards the player with 0 souls. The Brotherhood of Blood and Blue Sentinels covenants also do not reward any souls when dueling through their arenas.
Tables Confirming Level
Use the tables below to confirm the level of a defeated opponent based on the amount of souls dropped.
Not Yet Tested
The following PvP perspectives have not yet been tested:
- Being a hostile phantom that kills a co-op phantom or Blue Sentinel.
- Being a co-op phantom that kills the various hostile-phantom types.
- Android app to calculate an opponent's Soul Level: Google Play Store link