EffectOnce the Poison meter is full, HP will begin to drain at a steady rate depending on the method of infliction. Duration is 20 seconds and damage dealt is 1,050-1,100.Toxic is a form of poison that deals more damage. Duration is 20 seconds and damage dealt is 1,485.
Enemy Causes of Poison
|Cause of Poison||Location||Toxic?|
|Great Moth||Huntsman's Copse||No|
|Rogue archers||Huntsman's Copse||No|
|Dog Rat||Doors of Pharros||Yes|
|Poison Shooting Statue||The Gutter
|Pyromancer Giant||Memory of Orro
Memory of Vammar
|Suspicious Shadow||No-man's Wharf||No|
|Sanctum Soldier||Dragon's Sanctum
Cave of the Dead
|Sanctum Priestess||Dragon's Sanctum||No|
|Poison Statue Cluster||Shulva, Sanctum City||No|
|Scorpioness Najka||Shaded Woods||Yes|
|Royal Rat Vanguard||Grave of Saints||No|
|Royal Rat Authority||Doors of Pharros||?|
|Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon||Dragon's Rest||Yes|
|Poison pools and mists||Harvest Valley
|Containers full of poison||Various||No|
|Poison dart mask||Drangleic Castle||No|
|Poison mist chest trap||Trapped chests||No|
Player Methods of inflicting Poison
- Imbuing a weapon with a Poison Stone.
- Applying Rotten Pine Resin to a weapon for a temporary Poison effect.
- Casting Poison Mist, Toxic Mist or Dark Fog.
- Wearing the Moon Butterfly Set.
- Using weapons with a Poison effect:
- Using these consumables:
Player Methods of inflicting Toxic
If you intend to wield a weapon that inflicts poison, it's important to be aware of your Poison ATK Bonus stat.
Your Poison ATK Bonus does NOT affect the total amount of damage the poison will do; it only increases the amount of poison buildup you will inflict per hit.
Increasing Poison bonus
- Weapons with innate Poison get 50 points of extra damage.
- Weapons infused with Poison get 25 points of extra damage.
- Weapons with innate Poison AND infused with Poison get 60 points of extra damage.
- These items stack, so wearing both of them and using a Poison-infused weapon grants 2(60) = 120 points of extra damage.
Recovering from Poison
- Consume a Poison Moss.
- Consume a Divine Blessing.
- Consume a Monastery Charm.
- Consume a Dragon Charm.
- Cast Caressing Prayer.
- Rest at a Bonfire.
- Stand in the mist emitted by the Corrosive Ant Queen.
Resisting and Avoiding Poison
- Increase the Adaptability stat, which raises Poison Resist.
- Use a Common Fruit (increases resistance by 200 points for 90 seconds).
- Cast Perseverance (increases resistance by 150 points for 120 seconds).
- Cast Iron Flesh (increases resistance by 200 points for 25 seconds).
- Equip the Poisonbite Ring (increases resistance by 150/300 points).
- Equip the Ring of Resistance (increases resistance by 120/200 points).
- Equip Yorgh's Spear (increases resistance by 200 points).
- Equip various Poison-resistant armors.
- Block with shields that have high Poison resist.
Enemies Immune to Poison
Most enemies can be poisoned. However, the following cannot:
- All skeleton types
- Old Knight
- Mounted Overseer
- Poison Horn Beetle
- Razorback Nightcrawler
- Coal Tar
- Imperious Knight
- Mirror Squire
- Sanctum Soldier?