An altered state of titanite.
use to imbue weapons with power of the mundane.
Cannot be used on shields.
People do not look favorably on the banal,
but sometimes even the most mundane of objects
can cast things in a most pleasant light.
Used to infuse weapons with the power of the Mundane. See details below.
The upgrade is performed via infusion by the blacksmith Steady Hand McDuff. Weapons infused with Mundane gain a special scaling with your lowest stat while lowering base damage and current scaling. The Dull Ember is required to perform infusions.
Where to buy:
|Merchant Sold By||Price||Stock|
|Stone Trader Chloanne||7,000 souls||3 after Undead Crypt|
- Dropped by Gyrm Warriors.
- Dropped by Primal Knights.
- Dropped by Undead Steelworkers.
- Dropped by a Crystal Lizard near the first dragon in Dragon Aerie.
- Two dropped by a Crystal Lizard in Dragon's Sanctum.
- Two hidden inside an ash statue in Brume Tower, after opening the first set of large doors.
- One of the items that can be received from Dyna and Tillo in Things Betwixt.
- Cuts base damage in half for all damage types. Lowers scaling for all damage types except physical damage, which is replaced with the special scaling explained below.
- Crossbows, however, lose 85% of their base damage when Mundane infused.
- As of Calibration 1.11, Daggers lose approximately 25% of standard Mundane scaling (depends on the dagger). A level 20, Mundane infused Dagger gives a level bonus of 127(74.7% of 170) , instead of 170. A level 99, Mundane infused Dagger gives a level bonus of (74.7% of 187) , instead of 250. Several daggers have different adjustments. For example the Shadow Dagger only loses 20% of the standard Mundane scaling. And the Bandit Dagger loses more than 25%, as the bonus is spread between damage and bleed.
- Most weapons can be infused. Infusion is a one time process that will consume one stone of the element desired.
- Bonus damage is a flat 50 added to the scaling factor of the lowest stat (i.e. (50+(6*4))=50+24=74).