It is possible that the rift between Drangleic and the outside world is a native habitat for the monstrous Ogres, but are beasts like this simply born… or are they created?1
One on the path to the left before the bridge to Firekeepers' hut. Two more are next to the coffin in the area beyond third fog gate. None of them respawn.
One in the river at the very beginning of the area. Only in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.
Shrine of Amana
Along the main path after the second bonfire.
Petrified one in main hall does not respawn. Three in hallway do respawn, fourth in higher cage does not respawn.
- Stone Ring - the first one in Things Betwixt (100%)
- Titanite Shard or Soul of a Nameless Soldier - Forest of Fallen Giants (uncommon) (Scholar of the First Sin)
- Common Fruit or Soul of a Brave Warrior - Shrine of Amana (uncommon)
- Dragon Acolyte Mask or Dragon Sage Hood - the petrified one in Aldia's Keep (50% or less)
- Old Radiant Lifegem - Aldia's Keep (uncommon)
- Awestone (if a member of Company of Champions)
- Thrust:: ~110%
- Strike: ~80%
- Slash: ~75%
- On Land
- Medium Magic, Lightning and Dark Resistance
- Low Fire Resistance
- In Water
- High— Fire Resistance
- Medium Magic and Dark Resistance
- Low Lightning Resistance
- Swings - runs toward the player and swings both arms. Blockable, but high stamina damage.
- Falling crash - spreads its arms and rushes towards the player. Once it comes within a certain range of the player, it will fall forward. Blockable, but high stamina damage.
- Uppercut - uses a quick uppercut. Fast attack. Blockable.
- Sit - turns away from the player and sits down. Blockable, but high stamina damage.
- Eat - lifts both arms and pounces towards the player. If this hits, will pick up the player and chew on their head. Almost always a one-hit kill and will cause bleed. Notably bad hitbox, can hit even when its hands land in front of the player. Unblockable.
Easy melee strategy
Baiting them to perform their Sit attack gives time for two safe melee swings. A bit tricky in Aldia's Keep since there isn't a lot of room to move and you can be caught with your back against a wall.
Suggest removing heavy equipment so that rolling to safety is quicker.