- Vendrick is an NPC in this area.
- Attempting to attack Vendrick or walk out of the area results in the player immediately exiting the memory (can be re-entered).
- Obtaining the King's Crown and one DLC crown is required to unlock the next set of dialogue.
- Further dialogue is unlocked as you collect the remaining crowns.
- There seems to be a glitch where you can't access the memory even with the ashen mist heart, unsure how this is caused.
- You must have all crowns in your possession (not stored in your Item Box) to receive Vendrick's Blessing.
If you talk to Vendrick after obtaining his crown (King's Crown) and the other three DLC crowns (Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King and Crown of the Ivory King) a short cutscene will play. Afterwards the three DLC crowns and the King's Crown will provide an extra hidden effect when you're wearing one of them:
- When you die you will no longer go hollow / become more hollow.
- You are immune to Curse.
To unlock this reward you must have earned all three DLC crowns in a single playthrough (e.g., not spread across NG+ and NG++). The effect only lasts for your current playthrough, and will not carry over to the next NG level.