A feared warrior from Mirrah. She has come to Drangleic in search of her brother and a cure for the Undead curse but soon begins to hollow…
Dark Souls II: Right next to the first and only bonfire.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: Found in the building to the left after the first set of stairs.
The Lost Bastille
From the McDuff's Workshop bonfire up the stairs to the tower straight ahead, or from The Tower Apart bonfire the tower across the broken pathway. She leans against a wall in the tower.
Dark Souls II: At the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: After entering Earthen Peak, go down towards the poison-filled water and follow the passage to the right. In the room adjacent to this passage you will find her.
The most hidden of her locations. From the first bonfire in Black Gulch stick close to the edge. Before the first tar pools you can spot a small ledge below. Using a torch is strongly advised to see it. Drop down and follow the path to find her leaning against a wall.
At the Foregarden bonfire.
Dark Souls II: Next to the shortcut gate in the area.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: On the dock leading to the boss ship
At the bottom of the elevator.
Next to the hidden, second bonfire.
Just after the bonfire, up the stairs.
- Can be summoned for five various boss fights.
- If her storyline is completed, she will gift you her equipment: Lucatiel's Set and the Mirrah Greatsword.
- Alternatively, you can purchase her armor and sword from Merchant Hag Melentia if you kill her.
To complete Lucatiel's questline, you must:
- Talk to her at every location and exhaust all her dialogue.
- Summon her for at least three boss fights and have her survive the boss fights.
- NOTE: You can re-battle the same boss multiple times by use of a Bonfire Ascetic.
For example, you could have her fight Flexile Sentry twice and then the Rotten once and that would count as three wins needed for her to give you the equipment.
Lucatiel can be encountered in No-Mans's Wharf, the Lost Bastille, Earthen Peak, and the Black Gulch. She can be encountered in any location in any order and her dialogue progression will remain the same. The second time she is spoken to, she rewards the player with a Human Effigy. The third time she is spoken to, she gives the player a Ring of Steel Protection +1.
She can be summoned for the Flexile Sentry boss fight in No-Mans's Wharf to fulfill the boss fight requirements. You can find her sign next to the shortcut gate (Dark Souls II) or at the beginning of the dock leading to the boss ship (Scholar of the First Sin).
She then moves to her last location in the foregarden of Aldia's Keep. If you look closely enough you'll see she has removed her mask and part of her face has turned hollow. If the above requirements are met, she will give you her equipment. If not, kill her and you will be able to purchase her equipment from Melentia. If you talk to her before completing the above requirements she will disappear and you will lose your opportunity to complete her quest for that playthrough.
Her brother invades once you go up the steps into Aldia's Keep.
|Item||Conditions for Receipt|
|Human Effigy x1||Given when encountered a second time|
|Ring of Steel Protection+1||Given when encountered a third time|
|Lucatiel's Mask||Complete her questline or kill her|
|Lucatiel's Set||Complete her questline or kill her and buy from Merchant Hag Melentia|
|Mirrah Greatsword||Complete her questline or kill her and buy from Merchant Hag Melentia for 10,000 souls|
- She will remove her mask (you will see the animation of her removing the mask ) the second time you meet her, but you must NOT skip when she said "Assuming, of course, that the legends are true. _" , if done correctly, she will remove the mask when she says her next line.
- As it's in the same area, Lucatiel can be summoned and brought to the Old Iron King boss fight. However, she's near useless in said fight and it will not count towards her questline, assuming she can even make it to the fight without falling to her death on the way there.
- If you defeat the Smelter Demon without her help, then kill the Old Iron King and ascend the Eygil's Idol bonfire her summon sign appears in the usual place. If you summon her a fog gate will appear where the Smelter Demon boss room was. If you enter it the boss room he will not spawn and the NPC will be sent home. (Note: Eygil's Idol will only respawn four Ironclad Soldiers and the Old Iron King.)
- Occasionally when summoned for a boss fight she will not enter the fog wall into the boss arena. This seems to happen most often in the Old Iron Keep where she will get stuck outside the door frame. Her pathing is also notably spotty, and she will often fall to her death in Sinners Rise and the Old Iron Keep without any outside assistance.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Sarah Beck Mather