King Vendrick's lieutenant, charged with testing the prowess of those who seek to serve in Drangleic's order of royal knights. Ever dedicated to his duty, he continues to await challengers at the end of the King's Passage long after Vendrick's disappearance and the kingdom's subsequent collapse. Those who fail the test are remorselessly slaughtered by this enigmatic knight whose face lies hidden behind a cold metal mask.1
- Benhart of Jugo, on the left in front of the boss fog.
- (Scholar of the First Sin) Ashen Knight Boyd, on the right one pillar back from the boss fog.
- (Scholar of the First Sin) Sellsword Luet as shadow in the room past the giant mechanism
- Very High— Fire Resistance
- High+ Lightning Resistance
- Medium Magic and Dark Resistance
- Can be poisoned
|Attack||Damage||Damage Type||Parryable?||Speed||Tracking (left/right)|
|Running jumping smash||xxx||Normal||No||Medium||Left/Right|
|Sword slashes + stab||xxx||Normal||No||Medium||Left/Right|
|Lightning slash||xxx||Lightning/Normal (?)||No||Moderate||Left/Right|
All attacks bounce off and do no damage if you hit his shield. The deflected sorceries/pyromancies/miracles/hexes can damage the host or friendly phantoms. Hitting the shield appears to do a lot of durability damage to weapons.
At around 50% health or if enough time has passed, a phantom image may form in his shield, and then he slams his shield to the ground and to start summoning Mirror Squires. After this point, he may perform another summon if enough time has passed, so defeating him quickly is ideal. The summoning animation can be canceled if he is staggered.
- To get summoned for the boss fight, use a Red Sign Soapstone in Drangleic Castle, though you may also be summoned via Cracked Red Eye Orb
- Upon being summoned, a message prompt appears: "The Looking Glass Knight summons you! Become a mirror squire, and vanquish the world master."
- Be aware that some time may elapse between actually being summoned and the loading screen itself, so you may be vulnerable before you see yourself. Also, the boss may die before you are successfully summoned: "Summoning canceled. Area boss has been vanquished."
- Putting your sign down every 10 seconds may increase your chances of being summoned by resetting your server priority, and decreases your chances of being summoned by a player instead.
- Burning a Human Effigy before the fight does not appear to prevent it from summoning a player.
- NPCs or players he summoned disappears upon his defeat.
- As a mirror squire, you can heal the Looking Glass Knight with any variety of spells, including Warmth and Great Heal.
- He was called the Mirror Knight before the game was released.
- You can actually get summoned as a squire when invading via a [[Cracked Red Eye Orb]].