Ring depicting a hand grasping a stone.
Increases lightning attack, but reduces
The origin of this ring is unknown,
but its design suggests one of the darker deities.
Effective use of this ring requires skill
on the part of the wearer.
Can also be obtained as an enemy drop in Cave of the Dead while assisting as a White Phantom, so one need not have the DLC in order to obtain it.
|Lightning Clutch Ring||Increases Lightning damage, decreases physical defense by 80 points.||30||2.0|
The Lightning Clutch Ring increases the Lightning AR (attack rating) stat of a weapon and decreases the player’s defense stats for Strike, Thrust and Slash by 80 points each. The following are the rules for the highly variable Lightning AR stat increases provided by the ring:
1) The bonus is not affected by a weapon’s reinforcement, nor a character’s stats.
2) A weapon must have a Lightning attack stat for any effect to take place.
3) Ordinary (Titanite -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Lightning will receive 15 AR.
5) Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Lightning, without a pre-existing Lightning stat, will receive less than 30 AR. The worse a weapon takes a Lightning reinforcement, the worse the bonus will be (e.g. Lightning Blue Knight's Halberd receives 9 AR).
6) Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Lightning, with a pre-existing Lightning stat, will receive more than 30 AR. The better the weapon’s innate Lightning characteristics, the greater the bonus (e.g. Lightning Bow of Want receives 45 AR).
7) When a special weapon that had a pre-existing Lightning stat is infused with a different element (Magic, Fire, or Dark) the bonus will be less than 30 AR. The greater the diminishment of the base Lightning stat, the greater the diminishment of the Lightning bonus.
8) Special weapons infused with Raw, Enchanted, or Mundane will continue to receive the full 30 AR bonus to any pre-existing Lightning stat.
9) IMPORTANT: The ring also increases the Lightning stats of catalysts, thereby increasing the strength of spells cast with those catalysts. Combining this ring with the Sun Seal is a great way to increase the strength of Miracles.