- Use the Gyrm Greatshield which has 100% Fire resistance.
- His Jester's Robes render him immune to backstabs, and there are no opportunities to parry or guard break him unless he is forced to pull out his Longsword.
- When he casts Warmth to heal himself, move so that you are standing over the orb of light to both deny him healing, and to heal yourself at the same time.
- Unlike other NPC invaders, Jester Thomas will roll free of your attacks if you attempt to stunlock him against a wall.
- Launch him in the air or smack him onto the ground with an Ultra Greatsword or Great Hammer. If timed correctly each time he attempts to stand up, he will not be able to retaliate.
- Rushing past before he finishes spawning in will allow you to enter the Lair of the Imperfect, which has a thin layer of water over it. This will provide a moderate Fire resistance. This can be combined with the pyromancy Flash sweat to greatly reduce all fire damage. It is easy to even reach immunity with this. Be prepared if you fight him in this area, as the Imperfect roam close by.
- Uses a Longsword under the effect of Profound Still and equips the Pyromancy Flame back after the effect wears off.
- His AI requires that he taunt before he actually begins fighting the player. If the player rushes him when he first spawns, this can be exploited. After being hit once or twice, he will attempt to roll away from the player to create an opportunity to taunt. Simply follow him, hit him once or twice, and repeat the process.
- Very capable of soloing Mytha. Simply equip a high stability shield and play it safe while Thomas makes short work of her.
- He will use the "This One's Me!" gesture upon invading, and the "Mock" gesture upon killing the player or summoned phantoms. He will also use the "No Way" gesture if he happens to interrupt someone attempting to heal with Estus.
- He has unlimited pyromancy casts.
- Magerold of Lanafir sells the Jester's set and appears right after Earthen Peak. He also mentions being an adventurer by trade, indicating he is no stranger to the dangers of Drangleic. It's speculated he masquerades as Jester Thomas.
- The total attunement cost of Jester Thomas's spells comes out to 13, the maximum possible with his armor set.
- Jester Thomas never actually uses his left-handed Pyromancy Flame.
- As with all black phantoms, if battle is drawn out long enough without the player successfully killing him or dying, he will be forced to return to his world.
- He will not respawn in the Dragon's Sanctum if you use a Bonfire Ascetic on the Hidden Sanctum Chamber bonfire. He will if you use a Bonfire Ascetic on the Lair of the Imperfect bonfire.
|Great Chaos Fireball||No||No||-|
page revision: 58, last edited: 28 Jan 2016 23:52