A ring of yellow stone.
The stone is misshaped, however imperceptibly.
Renders certain equipment invisible.
Do not judge foes by their appearance.
He who approaches without a sword
carries two behind his back.
Beat the game without resting at a bonfire. The ring is added to your inventory after the credits.
- You can never upgrade your Estus Flask with Sublime Bone Dust and you can't rest at bonfires to regain uses. You also can't restore equipment durability at a bonfire.
If you wish to replenish swigs or repair equipment, the Small White Sign Soapstone is recommended, due to the shortened objective requirements. You will be fully equipped again if the co-op run is succesful.
Note that dying as a phantom counts against the Illusory Ring of a Conqueror.
- Lighting a bonfire does not count as resting at it. This gives you the option of spawning closer to your destination. Also, using the primal bonfires does not count as resting.
- When you use a Homeward Bone, you do not heal or replenish any items/equipment. If you use one, it will not count as having rested at the bonfire.
You can safely use a Homeward Bone, the Aged Feather, or Darksign and not fear losing this ring. Try to control your spawnpoint by lighting the right bonfires.
- If you try to rest at a lit bonfire when there is an enemy nearby or a phantom is in your world, using it will fail but respawn will be set to it.
- If you do not light the Far Fire in Majula, a Homeward Bone will always take you back to Things Betwixt, regardless of which bonfire was lit most recently. Dying will still respawn you at the last bonfire lit. After lighting the Far Fire, Homeward Bones will work normally, returning you to the last fire lit. (Tested in NG without DLC)
- Only bonfires rested at during the current game cycle count. The ring can be obtained in NG+ by a character who has used a bonfire in NG.
- If you light the Under Castle Drangleic bonfire in Drangleic Castle or the Upper Ramparts bonfire in Belfry Luna you will not be able to get the ring, as the only way out from those areas is to warp.
- You can only get 1 per character if done by a no bonfire run. Trying to do it on the next playthrough will yield nothing.