A Frozen Reindeer. They live in the Frigid Outskirts, and tend to surprise adventurers by seemingly appearing out of nowhere whilst the blizzards are raging.
- They patrol the Frigid Outskirts invisible, and will only attack the player when the blizzard is raging.
- Follow the normal spawning rules, and each one will despawn if killed 10 times.
- In Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, if the player is in the Company of Champions covenant, the spawn counter will reset every time the area is loaded.
Found in the Frigid Outskirts, mainly after the first ruined building.
- Use any sort of Twinblade to immediately stunlock them.
- Don't run out of stamina while attacking, you may need to roll due to their fast recovery.
- Be very careful of standing behind them; they will kick out at you with their hind legs, an attack which does huge damage. Be ready to dodge if you go for an attack on their rear unless you are sure you can poise-break them.
- Outrunning them is difficult. Running past them will result in up to four chasing you, and quite probably lead to you being overwhelmed by projectiles and charges.
- They will despawn if killed enough times.
Tip 1 : If you are trying to despawn them, their respawning timer is roughly 3 blizzard cycles from the time you kill one (start of blizzard to clear sky is one cycle). Mark an area with a prism stone so you can find the spot again if the battle drags you away.
Tip 2 : To make despawning easier, make sure you draw the aggression of only one at a time.
Tip 3 : Bring lots of repair powder, despawning is a very time consuming technique.
Tip 4 : summon Abbess feeva and head of vengarl to help you, Feeva can occasionally heal you and Vengarl has a ton of health.Frozen reindeer's may often choose to charge at them rather than you making it a rather easy but lengthy process
page revision: 36, last edited: 21 Jun 2016 18:31