The Huntsman Copse is, at first, a cave like area leading in from Majula, that opens in to a small forested area with a few buildings. It is initially locked until Licia of Lindeldt is spoken to at Heide's Tower of Flame after defeating the Dragonrider. Exhausting her dialogue here will prompt her to move to Majula, next to the contraption that cannot be activated on the way to Heide's. She will request 2,000 souls to make the contraption turn, opening a clear path to Huntsman's Copse.
There are large moth-like creatures both in the pathway leading into the Copse and in the forest itself, spraying poisonous gas. The area also includes a large bridge connecting it to the Undead Purgatory. Another bridge connects it to the area in which the Skeleton Lords boss fight takes place, though this one must be lowered via a lever in another cave.
- Undead Refuge: After arriving in the Huntsman's Copse, the bonfire will be in a small clearing, to the left. Felkin the Outcast is located very close to this bonfire. He is sitting on a huge chair in the cave leading to Majula.
- Bridge Approach: After passing the dark room filled with enemies, travel across the path under the bridge until you reach a section with a ladder. Descend the ladder and move under the bridge. The bonfire is inside a small room under the bridge.
- Undead Lockaway: From the Bridge Approach, after acquiring the Undead Lockaway Key, travel into Huntsman's Copse towards the first raised bridge. The bonfire is inside a locked room near a pyre on the other side. Creighton the Wanderer is found here.
- Right after opening path to Huntsman' Copse there is body with Rouge Water on it.
- From the Undead Refuge bonfire, follow the path until you reach the ruined building. Enter the building. There are two bodies on a floor. One next to a hole has Lifegem and Soul of a Nameless Soldier and the one in a corner Bandit's Knife. Climb the ladder. On the roof, roll onto the ledge and pick up a Poison Moss and Lifegem.
- Leaving the ruined building in the Undead Refuge area, dash jump to land on a ruined outcrop and pick up a Token of Fidelity and a Pharros Lockstone. If you are afraid of that jump you can drop there from bridge that leads to Undead Purgatory.
- From previous location jump towards the bonfire. This will lead you to cave with Great Moths. You will find there a body with Monastery Charm and Soul Of A Proud Knight.
- At the bottom a a cave there will be Ricard's Rapier in a metal chest guarded by Torturer. On the way out, next to the cage elevator there will be a body with Large Soul Of A Nameless Soldier
- From the Bridge Approach bonfire, head forward and then left of the bridge to pick up a Large Soul Of A Lost Undead and Small Orange Burr.
- After crossing bridge you will see a body under a tree on your left. It has only a Lifegem on it. Far ahead you will see Artificial Undead turning his back on you. He is standing in front of a body with Aromatic Ooze.
- Stick to the left wall and you will find a hut with Morning Star and Large Soul Of A Nameless Soldier.
- Go upwards and until you find the large metal bridge structure. Follow the edge until you can see a hole in a cage building and drop in to pick up Soul Spear, Green Blossom and Poison Moss.
- If you turn right after first bridge you will come across another one and a path to Undead Purgatory. There is a dead end to the right - you will find there Notched Whip.
- In a cave across great metal bridge there is a body next to Curse Jar. It has Magic Mace and Titanite Shard on it.
- After crossing great metal bridge stick to the left wall. Eventually you will across ambush involving Crystal Lizard. There will be 10 Throwing Knives on a body. You can drop down from a cliff on a small shelf. There is a body with Poison Moss. Drop down further and you will fine an alcove with Undead Lockaway Key.
- Turn right in front of a boss gate and enter second part of a cave. In cave stick to the right wall and you will find body with Combustion and Titanite Shard. Explore rest of the cave and you will find a body with x3 Flame Butterfly on it just next to a lever that opens a shortcut.
- Licia Of Lindeldt helps you open the passage from Majula to Huntsman's Copse. If Licia Of Lindeldt is hostile, you need to kill her to get the Rotunda Lockstone and unlock the way yourself.
- The area design for the early portion of this level is modeled after Hotel del Salto in Columbia.
- In NG+, two Black Phantom Artificial Undead will spawn as you start to walk from the alcove containing the Undead Lockaway Key towards the waterfall. As soon as you pass the small scrub bush on the edge of the path, one will spawn in front of you, one behind you. You can squeeze past the one behind you by hugging the inner wall and running/rolling past him, and can lead him to the open area where the crystal lizard was, to fight in a better location.
- There is another black phantom Artificial Undead at the very top of the building you first get into after the cave system. However, unless you're noisy this enemy will leave you alone while on the roof, since it's facing the other way.
- Why is the Artificial Undead facing the other way? To make things harder for you on the way to the Undead Purgatory. The Torturers waiting at the top of the poles on the way there are also tougher, more aggressive black phantom versions now. You can lure the closest one down for a one-on-one fight, but once you get past a certain treshold they will ALL drop down and dash towards you, leaving you to fight four high-caliber Torturers at once.
- If you don't want to fight them, you can dash through quickly, and lead them to the bridge. Get past the two holes in the bridge, and prepare your best ways to push them off. For a caster, Soul Vortex works very well to force off everyone but the Artificial Undead phantom. Just be sure to not stay locked on to the ones who are falling down.