A warm, soft, shadow-like effigy.
Use this item to reverse Hollowing.
It also weakens the links to other worlds,
preventing invasions and most cooperation.
Peer closely at an effigy, and one begins
to perceive a human form, but whose form
it takes depends on the person looking.
- Reverse hollowing to regain human form and max HP.
- When burned while resting at a bonfire, disables most forms of multiplayer activity and prevents invasions for a ??? minutes in that bonfire area. One must remain in that area for the timer to expire. Time spent outside that area will not count towards the timer.1
Where to buy:
- Five sold by Merchant Hag Melentia for 1,500 souls each
- Five sold by Magerold of Lanafir in Iron Keep for 3,000 souls each
- 13 sold by Grave Warden Agdayne in Undead Crypt for 3,000 souls each
- Three sold by Darkdiver Grandahl for 3,000 souls each. Join the Pilgrims of Dark covenant in order to make him available as a merchant.
Chest and Corpse locations:
- Found in a chest on the second floor of the Fire Keepers' dwelling in Things Betwixt
- Five In a chest under the rope bridge when going from Majula to Forest of Fallen Giants (Note: This chest will replenish if a Bonfire Ascetic is used at the nearby bonfire)
- On a body near the Heide Knight in Forest of Fallen Giants
- Treasure in Forest of Fallen Giants, after the boulder trap in the cave where Cale the Cartographer is
- Treasure in Forest of Fallen Giants, on some scaffolding
- One on a body resting on the railing near the first bonfire in Heide's Tower of Flame
- Five in a chest in Heide's Tower of Flame, right before the Old Dragonslayer boss fight
- In the tunnel from Heide's Tower of Flame to No-Man's Wharf, the first item in front of you
- In No-man's Wharf, on top of a row boat in the last section
- Near the Heide Knight in the Lost Bastille, down in the rubble of the ruined wall
- At the bottom of the ladder that leads to the long hallway with cells and the Ruin Sentinels boss fight in the Lost Bastille
- After the Servant's Quarters bonfire in the Lost Bastille, on the edge of the wall behind some boxes
- One in the last poison mist of Harvest Valley, in an alcove (three at Bonfire Intensity 2 or above)
- Earthen Peak, on a platform in the room with large gears
- At the end of Belfry Sol on a corpse
- Treasure in Iron Keep. At the Threshold Bridge bonfire, directly below the staircase (beware of fire damage).
- Treasure in Sinner's Rise. Follow the outside stairs downwards, on the broken end lies a corpse with the treasure
- On a body in the misty part of the Shaded Woods
- Treasure in Shaded Woods behind a pillar, near the Head of Vengarl
- Three in a chest in the open area with Lion Clan Warriors in Shaded Woods
- Five in a chest in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. At the Royal Army Campsite bonfire, located inside a stone house which is accessible by jumping down the well. (Note: This chest will replenish if a Bonfire Ascetic is used here)
- Treasure in Shrine of Amana, just before the fog gate leading to the Crumbled Ruins bonfire
- Treasure in Shrine of Winter after the Heide Knight
- On the staircase with a wall trap in Dragon's Sanctum
- In Dragon's Sanctum, next to the bridge raised by the Dragon Stone contraption
- Dropped by Old Ironclad Soldiers in Forest of Fallen Giants
- Dropped by Old Knights in Heide's Tower of Flame
- Dropped by Stray Dogs in various areas
- Dropped by Skeletons. Guaranteed drop from the ones in the Majula mansion (one skeleton per Bonfire Intensity level, max 8, do not respawn)
- Dropped by Lizardmen in Shrine of Amana
- Dropped by Petrifying Statue Cluster and Poison Statue Cluster in Shulva, Sanctum City and Cave of the Dead.
- Starting gift choice
- Gift from Lucatiel of Mirrah when you meet her for the second time (exhaust her dialogue)
- Six can be obtained by killing Strowen the Fire Keeper, or by returning to her after obtaining the King's Ring
- Altar of Amana in Shrine of Amana restores your humanity as long as you do not have any effigies in your inventory. This includes having effigies in your item box or dropping them on the ground. See the article itself for more info.
- If you need to be human fast and are out of Human Effigies, place a Small White Sign Soapstone. You will be summoned to another world for around five minutes. Once your duty is fulfilled, you will be returned to your world in human form.
- Burning Bonfire Ascetics in Majula will respawn the skeletons in the basement of the mansion, and they are guaranteed to drop one Effigy each. The more Ascetics you burn, the more skeletons will be in the basement, up to a total of 8 at Bonfire Intensity 8. This means you get 8 Effigies per Ascetic once the Far Fire has reached an intensity of 8 or higher. Bear in mind that the skeletons get very difficult and have a lot of HP, and there are 8 of them, but it pays off in the end.
- In Shrine of Amana you can farm Effigies by killing Lizardmen. Start by equipping Item Discovery gear. Then go to the Tower of Prayer bonfire and work your way until you reach the cave with the chest and four Lizardmen inside, then rinse and repeat.
- You can buy infinite Prism Stones from Sweet Shalquoir after opening the Shrine of Winter. If you trade these with the Dyna and Tillo, there is a chance to get Human Effigies. Small Smooth & Silky Stones and Smooth & Silky Stones can be traded too, but the chance of getting Effigies from the silky stones is smaller.