A white-ashen bone.
Return to last bonfire rested at.
Bonfires burn on the bones of Undead
And this bone, belonging to one whose
journey was cut short, has the power
to travel to bonfires. As if it yearns to
resume its futile quest…
Returns the player to the last bonfire rested at.
- Ten sold by Sweet Shalquoir for 600 souls each (unlimited after the Shrine of Winter is opened).
- Five can be found by the Victor's Stone in Majula.
- Three can be found next to Benhart Of Jugo, between Majula and the Shaded Woods.
- One is in the tunnel from Majula to Forest of Fallen Giants, in the water.
- One after the lone Old Ironclad Soldier in Forest of Fallen Giants, go right and up the stairs.
- One after dropping down from the platform with the lever that calls the ship in No-man's Wharf.
- Three on a ledge in the Ruin Sentinels arena in the Lost Bastille.
- Three can be found in Grave of Saints on the second floor.
- One in the room with bell-ringing hollows in Undead Crypt.
- Three at Bonfire Intensity 2+.
- Dropped by Undead Prisoner in Grave of Saints.
- Warping with Homeward Bone / Aged Feather will not cause you to rest at the bonfire, but it will reset the world and all enemies as if you had.
- This means Homeward Bone / Aged Feather are safe to use during "no bonfire" runs.
- Since all enemies will be restored and you will not be, you will usually want to immediately rest after using Homeward Bone / Aged Feather.
- Even if you avoid resting at bonfires or using Homeward Bone / Aged Feather, enemies can respawn if you get far enough away that an area is unloaded. This distance is much further than in Dark Souls. If you run from Majula to Vendrick at the end of Undead Crypt and then back, only Shaded Woods will have been reloaded - Shrine of Amana and Drangleic Castle will be the way you left them.
- Warping with Homeward Bone / Aged Feather will cause any summon signs you placed to disappear, no matter how short the distance you warp.