Whether Heide was a proper kingdom or not isn't clear, as it fell into the sea long ago. What is known is that the Way of Blue originated in Heide. Equipment from Heide still exists today, as well, which speaks to the durability of the special alloy used in its construction. If this knight truly is from the ancient land of Heide, is it possible that time distortion explains his presence?1
A resting hollow knight. Fights back vigorously if struck, but otherwise completely harmless.
Dark Souls IIForest of Fallen Giants
Sitting under a tree in the middle of the mossy courtyard, right up the ladder from the Crestfallen's Retreat bonfire. Fights with a sword.
Sitting outside in the ramparts, near the Exile Holding Cells bonfire. Fights with a spear.
Sitting on the side of the road just past the shrine. Fights with sword, but drops a lance.
Scholar of the First SinHeide's Tower of Flame
Various Locations (As you enter from Majula, to your left, After the first Old Knight, To the right of the circular path with 3 Old Knights, Blocking an iron chest containing the RIng of Binding outside the Dragonrider boss door).
There are also 2 hostile Knights that will attack when approached to the left of the circular path, one with a sword, another with a spear.
In the watery area, last upper cell on the left. Fights with a spear.
Wearing Heide Knight's Iron Mask. Fights with a lance.
- Medium Fire and Dark Resistance
- Low Magic and Lightning Resistance
Dark Souls II
The weapon drops are guaranteed, save for the Heide Greatlance, which is an uncommon drop.
- Heide Knight Sword - Forest of Fallen Giants
- Heide Spear - The Lost Bastille
- Heide Lance - Shrine of Winter
- Heide Greatlance - Shrine of Winter at Bonfire Intensity 2+
- Heide Knight Set - Rare chance to replace the usual weapon drop at Bonfire Intensity 2+
Scholar of the First Sin
- Heide Knight Set - Heide's Tower of Flame (rare)
- Heide Knight Sword - Heide's Tower of Flame (rare)
- Heide Spear - Sinner's Rise (guaranteed)
- Heide Lance - The Gutter (guaranteed)
- Heide Knight Iron Mask - The Gutter (guaranteed)
- Heide Greatlance - The Gutter at Bonfire Intensity 2+ (guaranteed)
- When a Heide Knight is sitting, performing a guard break will cause him to stand up and patrol the surrounding area, all while being unaggressive. A perfect opportunity for a backstab. The one at the Shrine of Winter is not initially found leaning against a wall, and can be backstabbed from his sitting position.
- They tend to swing their weapons wildly, sometimes ending a combo with a fast slash directly to their behind. When in such a frenzy, they often begin glitching and moving faster than their walk animations, causing them to slide over the surface of the ground. This unpredictable behavior can make them extremely dangerous to lower level players.
- They do not respawn, so the use of Bonfire Ascetics is required to get their full set of armor. [Dark Souls 2 only]
- They use the player's bonfire sitting animation when encountered.
- All of the knights sitting around Heide's Tower of Flame will turn hostile and start patrolling the area once the Dragonrider has been slain. (Scholar of the First Sin only)
- When hit by a 2H strong attack or running attack from ultra greatswords, they will be staggered in a way that allows you to perform a guardbreak critical attack on them. The 2H thrust (from the Zweihander or the Black Knight Ultra Greatsword), and the 2H smash (from the Crypt Blacksword or the King's Ultra Greatsword) work best. The "golf swing" attack has a long recovery time, making it difficult to follow up with a critical attack. Some other attacks that can knock enemies airborne (spinning slash from the Majestic Greatsword, for example) also work.