In a cage at the top of Aldia's Keep, resides a red Wyvern. The Guardian of the path to the Dragon Aerie awaits you.
Dark Souls 2Aldia's Keep
Bonfire Ascetic respawn: Ritual Site bonfire.
Scholar of the First SinHeide's Tower of Flame
Boss at Aldia's Keep
Non-boss at Dragon Aerie - Dark Souls 2
- Petrified Something
- Petrified Dragon Bone
- Twinkling Titanite
- Flame Quartz Ring +2 (rare)
- Fire Tempest (rare)
Non-boss at Dragon Aerie - Scholar of the First Sin
All drops are guaranteed
- First Dragon - Flame Quartz Ring +2
- Second Dragon - Fire Tempest
- Third Dragon - Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone, and Petrified Something
- Using BOSS-TIER
- High Fire Resistance
- Medium Lightning Resistance
- Very Low Magic and Dark Resistance
- Can be poisoned
- Breath of Fire: Conic attack at the ground that spreads out as it comes towards the player.
- Flying Fireball: Mid-air area of effect attack.
- Tail Whip: This attack has a wide radius of effect, try to stay away from the tail.
This boss is relatively easy, as long as your dodging is good.
Try to stay close to the back legs, but not too close to its tail.
Stay between the dragon's legs as much as possible, attack its legs and watch your stamina.
When the dragon stomps, roll towards the dragon's other side, providing an opening for attack on its other foot.
If the dragon flies up to rain fire on you, just strafe to his side, or attempt to sprint directly under the dragon.
When you enter the boss arena, walk a few steps to the left then lock-on to the boss and start casting spells. Your second and third cast should hit its head, causing massive damage.
Keep your distance while the dragon is waking up. Once it notices you, begin by strafing in front of it to bait out its straightforward fire breath (its head will rear up for 1-2 seconds) then roll under it and start casting spells. Move back in front once the attack finishes, and repeat.
You'll also have a good opportunity to hit the dragon with one or two casts of Soul Spear while it's perched on the side of the cage, as well as immediately after its airborne flame breath attack.
- You can cut off the dragon's tail, preventing the use of tail attacks for the rest of the fight.
- In Dragon Aerie, the fire breath attack can go through solid rock.
- If you kill the dragon during one of its fire breath attacks, the fire itself will persist for the duration of the attack even after the dragon is dead. This can hurt you, so watch out.