|Royal Rat Vanguard
Rhoy The Explorer
|The Rat King||Rat Tail
Ash Knuckle Ring (chest after a jump)
Token of Spite (chest)
Great Heal (treasured on a corpse)
Disc Chime (treasured after a jump)
Crest Of The Rat
Royal Rat Vanguard Soul
The depths of a well infested by hollows and rats. It is an optional area that focuses on PvP with some interesting loot, a PvP covenant, and access to the Gutter. It can be skipped if you instead take the second platform down in the Pit and pass through a short area that you will move through either way, though the Grave of Saints is a more preferable option due to the availability of loot you can't otherwise reach.
- Great Heal can be found at the bottom on a corpse before some wooden structures.
- A jump from the stone bridge allows you to obtain the Disc Chime that glows along the wall on a small platform.
- A Crystal Lizard can be found on a wooden bridge.
- A chest contains the Ash Knuckle Ring, located just above the exploding Undead Citizens and the Gutter access at the bottom of the pit after Royal Rat Vanguard boss and the Rat King.
- Activate either Pharros Contraption across from the bridges to lower them, one on first floor and one on second, it's recommended to only lower one bridge as both are not necessary. Inside the tower you'll find the hex Whisper of Despair. Be wary of a rat ambush on the ground floor.
- The Pharros Contraption just outside the entrance lowers the bridge across the chasm, giving you access to the hex scroll Whisper of Despair.
- The Pharros Contraption to the left of the entrance will extinguish many of the torches on the that floor.
- The Pharros Contraption on the wall creates a waterfall from the ceiling just before the ladder. This can be used to mask your sound or the location of the ladder, increase your Fire defense or decrease the Lightning defense of opponents.
- The Pharros Contraption on the floor in front of the ladder lowers the bridge across the chasm, giving you access to the same room with the Whisper of Despair hex.
- The three Pharros Contraptions on the wall make acid pour from rat statues. Standing on the acid quickly breaks armor and rings.
- The Pharros Contraption furthest in leading to the Grave Entrance bonfire activates the rat statue nearby which makes another puddle of acid in the hallway.
- Can be reached early with the Silvercat Ring and enough HP.
- To reach this area without taking fall damage from The Pit, you must first get Laddersmith Gilligan to move to Majula, and donate souls to him so he can make the ladders, the most expensive will lead almost all the way to the bottom and give access to a hidden room opened with the Forgotten Key. Inside are two chests containing Great Lightning Spear, Soul Vortex, Witchtree Branch, and Witchtree Bellvine. The second most expensive will take almost all the way down the well giving easy access to the Grave of Saints and the Gutter. The least expensive is a short ladder that will most likely kill you or leave you within an inch of death, use at own risk.
- When playing offline, an NPC invader, Rhoy the Explorer, invades you close to the Royal Rat Vanguard.
- Rat King covenant members can use Bonfire Ascetics at the Harval's Resting Place bonfire (at the beginning of the level) to strengthen the area's enemies, making the zone more difficult for invading Gray Phantoms.