A Fragrant tree branch with a faint sweet smell.
Restore the life of things turned to stone.
Extended inhalation of the branch's scent can
lead to coughing and nausea.
Dark Souls II
- Needed to unpetrify Straid of Olaphis in the Lost Bastille.
- Needed to unpetrify Rosabeth of Melfia on the road between Majula and Shaded Woods.
- Unpetrify three enemies after the Shaded Ruins bonfire in Shaded Woods:
- Near the bonfire, drops the Fang Key.
- Past Manscorpion Tark to get the Black Knight Halberd - you can get this item without unpetrifying the enemy however, by jumping from the top of the long bridge near the bonfire down on to the smaller bridge linking the opposite cliffside.
- In a broken building towards the boss, for the Lion Mage Set and another branch.
- Unpetrify the Ogre blocking the stairs in Aldia's Keep under the dragon skeleton.
Scholar of the First Sin
- Things Betwixt: Unpetrifies the undead traveler blocking the third area containg Basilisks and the two Ogres. Gives access to an Estus Flask Shard.
- Heide's Tower of Flame: Unpetrifies the undead traveler in the passage on the way to No Man's Wharf. Gives access to an Estus Flask Shard and the Knight Set.
- The Lost Bastille:
- Unpetrifes Rosabeth of Melfia on the road between Majula and Shaded Woods.
- Shaded Woods:
- Unpetrifies the lion warrior holding the Fang Key. This gains you another Branch of Yore behind the locked door the key opens.
- Unpetrifies the lion warrior blocking the chest with Repair.
- Unpetrifies the lion warrior holding the Warlock Mask.
- Unpetrifies the lion warrior giving access to the chest with the Lion Mage Set and another Branch of Yore. Unpetrifying the lion can be skipped via an extremely difficult jump through the gap in the wall behind the chest.
- Unpetrifies 2 lion warriors, either of which will give you access to a room guarded by Vengarl's Body (where the Golden Lion Warrior was in DS II). One lion warrior is in a passageway off of the sandy arena of Manscorpion Tark, and the other is in a grassy area accessible by a jump to the left of the Shaded Runs bonfire on to a broken bridge below.
- The Black Gulch: Unpetrifies the undead traveler blocking the entrance to the Hidden Chamber bonfire.
- Shrine of Amana: Unpetrifies the undead traveler blocking the Rise of the Dead bonfire.
- Dragon Aerie: Unpetrifies the undead traveler blocking the entrance to the first Guardian Dragon platform.
- Aldia's Keep:
Dark Souls II
- Sinner's Rise: Right next to the Primal Bonfire in a chest after defeating The Lost Sinner
- Harvest Valley: One before the Mines bonfire, in the cave to the right of the ramp out of the first poison chasm
- Harvest Valley: First area after the Mines bonfire on a ledge. Break the wood to the hall on the left then take an immediate right into the area with the Artificial Undead ambush. The branch is on a ledge after looping back to the start.
- Iron Keep: Buy one from Magerold of Lanafir for 7,500 souls
- The Gutter: Before the bonfire at Black Gulch
- Shaded Woods: Talk to Manscorpion Tark while wearing the Ring of Whispers to initiate his quest. Return after killing Scorpioness Najka to get the branch. Only the second conversation is necessary to receive the branch, though the first will enable his summon sign which may make the fight easier.
- Shaded Woods: One branch can be found in the ruins in the open area beyond the Shaded Ruins bonfire, opposite the two towers path which lead to the Scorpioness Najka boss fog. The entrance is blocked by a petrified enemy, so you need another branch to enter it. If you have a low equipment burden you can align yourself behind the chest and slightly to the right, then jump over the wall if you aim slightly right of the lowest section, but this is difficult to pull off. You will need to warp back to the bonfire to get out without using a branch. See (Note 2)
- Lord's Private Chamber: dropped by Duke Tseldora.
Scholar of the First Sin
- Forest of Fallen Giants: One sold by Merchant Hag Melentia for 12,000 souls.
- Iron Keep: One sold by Magerold of Lanafir for 7,500 souls.
- Forest of Fallen Giants: On the body below The Place Unbeknownst bonfire. Requires the late-game King's Ring to access. (Can also be accessed via a difficult trick jump from above the scaffolding outside the Cardinal Tower bonfire.)
- No Man's Wharf: In a chest in a house close to the ship's pier with two Hollows sleeping at a table and poison-filled urns.
- The Lost Bastille: In a chest on the outdoor platform where the Pursuer appears near the Tower Apart bonfire.
- Sinner's Rise: Right next to the Primal Bonfire in a chest after defeating The Lost Sinner.
- Harvest Valley: In the cave where Lonesome Gavlan appears. The cave is behind the first Mounted Overseer in the first poison pit of the area, just after the first bonfire (Poison Pool).
- Shaded Woods:
- One can be found next to Weaponsmith Ornifex. Requires spending a Fragant Branch of Yore to unpetrify the lion holding the key for the room.
- Another can be retrieved in the metal chest containing the Lion Mage Set. Requires spending a Fragrant Branch of Yore to unpetrify the lion blocking the room with the chest. (This chest can be reached without using a Fragrant Branch via a very difficult jump over the break in the wall behind it [at least on PC], but the jump is extremely difficult to pull off since being patched.)
- Manscorpion Tark will give you one if you complete his quest (defeat the area boss).
- The Gutter: One can be found on the same structure that contains the Dark Pyromancy Flame. This is the building next to the second bridge from the first bonfire.
- Black Gulch: At the start, immediately after jumping down from The Gutter.
- Undead Crypt: In one of the metal chests just before Velstadt, the Royal Aegis.
- Dragon Shrine: The chest on the ledge that used to contain Crystal Magic Weapon now has a Fragrant Branch of Yore.
- Lord's Private Chamber: Dropped by the hollow Duke Tseldora after The Duke's Dear Freja.
- Undead Crypt: Can be dropped randomly by the red phantom Insolent Knights that appear if you light the statue. Can be farmed by using a Bonfire Ascetic to respawn the phantoms.
- Aldia's Keep: 100% drop from the Mimic at the end of the hallway, closest to Guardian Dragon. Requires dropping the cages. Can be farmed repeatedly with the nearby Bonfire Ascetic.
- Unused branches will not carry over into NG+.
- (2) The Jump trick on PS3 works as long the jump button is set to L3