Key found in the Gutter.
Intricately designed, but of unknown origin.
All manner of terrible things have been
cast into the Gutter in Majula, forming a
settlement of filth and chaos.
The key can be used to open the following doors:
- In Black Gulch right above where you find the cave entrance to the two Elite Giants which drop the key, leads to Darkdiver Grandahl.
- In Majula if you drop down to the Pit in front of the Mansion, or climb down the 12,000 soul ladder bought from Laddersmith Gilligan, you will find an iron ladder leading up to another door. Through the door is a room with three metal chests which contain the Witchtree Branch and Witchtree Bellvine, Soul Vortex, and Great Lightning Spear. A corpse in the room will hold the Dragon Talon in Scholar of the First Sin
- In the Gutter if you take a left from the first bonfire, jump onto a lower building with two hollows (one which wields a torch), and then take the ladder up to a room filled with countless Poison Shooting Statues, you will find another door. Inside is Havel's Set and Havel's Greatshield.
From the first bonfire walk downwards, until the first worm attacks you from the wall. At this point walk off the cliff on the right side. You will land on a ledge with a door, which you will be able to open as soon as you have the Forgotten Key. Look for a corpse underneath the ledge and drop down towards it. From there you will be able to drop to an even lower ledge with a cave entrance. Inside this cave entrance you will find two Elite Giants. The second one will always drop the key and a Soul of a Giant.
- Poison Arrows are helpful if you have trouble killing the Giants.
- Using a bow and large amounts of arrows one can hide inside on of the two smaller caverns in the area (preferably the one with the chest due to its larger size and lack of holes to fall into) and shoot arrows from within the relative safety of the smaller caverns although on occasion some of the Elite Giant's attacks will connect through the wall.
- Fast way to the Forgotten Key: Rush the Dragonrider and get to Lonesome Gavlan in No-man's Wharf and buy 20 poison throwing knifes, buy the Silvercat Ring in Majula and go into the Gutter. From there, make a run for the Black Gulch and kill the giants with poison. If you hit all knifes, you will need to finish off one giant with melee, if you do not have another ranged option. 4 Knifes to poison a giant, applying poison 2 times almost kills them.