Ring depicting a hand grasping a stone.
Increases fire attack,
but reduces physical defense.
The origin of this ring is unknown,
but its design suggests one of the darker deities.
Effective use of this ring requires skill
on the part of the wearer.
Found in the Inner Wall area of Frozen Eleum Loyce.
From the bonfire, follow the standard path until you reach the three golems circling a metal chest. Here, head to the right into the area that was blocked by ice. Continue on this path until you reach the bridge. Cross it and head to the right, and then open the illusionary wall on the right wall. Drop down and head straight forward, and then head up the stairs to the left. At the top of the stairs is a metal chest, containing the ring.
|Fire Clutch Ring||Increases Fire damage, decreases physical defense by 80 points.||30||2.0|
The Fire Clutch Ring increases the Fire AR (attack rating) stat of a weapon and decreases the player’s defense stats for Strike, Thrust and Slash by 80 points each. The following are the rules for the highly variable Fire AR stat increases provided by the ring:
1) The bonus is not affected by a weapon’s reinforcement, nor a character’s stats.
2) A weapon must have a Fire attack stat for any effect to take place.
3) Ordinary (Titanite -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Fire will receive 15 AR.
5) Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Fire, without a pre-existing Fire stat, will receive less than 30 AR. The worse a weapon takes a Fire reinforcement, the worse the bonus will be (e.g. Fire Blue Knight's Halberd receives 9 AR).
6) Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Fire, with a pre-existing Fire stat, will receive more than 30 AR. The better the weapon’s innate Fire characteristics, the greater the bonus (e.g. Fire Black Knight Greatsword receives 45 AR).
7) When a special weapon that had a pre-existing Fire stat is infused with a different element (Magic, Lightning, or Dark) the bonus will be less than 30 AR. The greater the diminishment of the base Fire stat, the greater the diminishment of the Fire bonus.
8) Special weapons infused with Raw, Enchanted, or Mundane will continue to receive the full 30 AR bonus to any pre-existing Fire stat.
9) IMPORTANT: The ring also increases the Fire stats of pyromancy flames, thereby increasing the strength of spells cast with those catalysts.
Note: The Chaos Rapier only seems to gain 15 AR. Needs further testing.