Domestic Volgen soldiers are infamously timid,
so it is no wonder that this fierce band of
mercenary falconers was hired to compensate.
In practice they serve as bodyguards for the
affluent elite, and they serve well, such that
nobody dares scrutinize their backgrounds.1
Four of them at the very beginning of the area. (Bonfire Intensity 2+ only)
Found on the leftmost path after the Ruined Fork Road bonfire. Only in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.
Found in and around the tents at the Royal Army Campsite bonfire. Only in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.
- Strike: ~100%
- Slash: ~100%
- Thrust: ~50%
- Medium Fire, Lightning and Dark Resistance
- Low Magic Resistance
- When not in melee distance, they can send their falcon to attack you; it will travel in a wide-ranged parabola before getting back to its tamer.
- The Straight Sword and the Curved Sword they wield are unique models (most notably, their hilts) which cannot be obtained.
- The bowmen Falconers can shoot two arrows at once.
- On rare occasions, the shield-wielding Falconers can parry and riposte you for moderate damage. This is telegraphed by a specific stance they assume: if they hold both their sword and their shield up, it means they will parry your next attack.
- Their parries seem to "bypass" most of the otherwise unparriable attacks (e.g. standing two-handed attacks from Ultra Greatswords).
- Sometimes, they can run at you in a quite strange, "glitchy" way.2