|Boss||NPCs||Notable Loot||Enemies||Enemy Drops|
|Ancient Dragon||Ancient Dragon
Head of Vengarl
Melinda the Butcher
Crystal Magic Weapon
Staff of Wisdom (DS II only)
Fragrant Branch of Yore (SotFS)
Ashen Mist Heart
Mimic (DS II only)
Invader Dragonfang Villard
Drakekeeper's Great Hammer
Drakekeeper's Ultra Greatsword
Greatshield of Glory
Black Dragon Sword
Black Dragon Greataxe
Black Dragon Warpick
Black Dragon Shield
Washing Pole (DS II only)
A towering citadel, circled by numerous flying dragons. This area is home to the Ancient Dragon and the servants who protect it. Here, the Ancient Dragon will give you the Ashen Mist Heart, enabling access to memories.
- Shrine Entrance
Inside the small building at the start.
- The Judgment Set can be found behind a Pharros' Contraption. In Dark Souls II, this chest also contains the Staff of Wisdom.
- In the ruins near the first Drakekeeper, there is a chest containing three Bonfire Ascetics.
- One Twinkling Titanite can be found in a chest close to the Dark Priestess.
- At Bonfire Intensity 2+ the chest carries three Twinkling Titanites.
- A chest accessible from the Dark Priestess platform contains Drakekeeper's Greataxe and Drakekeeper's Greatshield.
- In Dark Souls II, the Washing Pole katana and a Petrified Dragon Bone are dropped by a Mimic.
- A Titanite Slab can be found in a chest to the left of the Mimic.
- The Petrified Egg can be found lying on a pedestal behind Dragonfang Villard.
- The Watchdragon Parma is in a chest just to the right of the Petrified Egg.
- Crystal Magic Weapon is in a chest on a ledge you drop down to after acquiring the Petrified Egg. In Scholar of the First Sin, this chest also contains a Fragrant Branch of Yore.
Dark Souls II
- Dragonfang Villard will invade you in the room with the Petrified Egg in it.
- The Petrified Egg can be turned in to Magerold of Lanafir to join the Dragon Remnants covenant.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
- In Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: numerous Dragon Knights are present. They are non-aggressive and will bow to you. They will attack you if you pass the Drakekeepers without defeating them. The Dragon Knight with the Greatsword(s) always will attack.
- The Dragon Knights will remain passive if you do not attack any of them, if you do not skip (therefore defeat) every Drakekeeper, and defeat the Dragon Knight at the end of the long staircase powerstancing the two great swords.
- The Dragon Knights may attack you if you summon a white or gold phantom, including NPC phantoms, but this has supposedly been patched (in fact they are in the dragon remnants covenant, so they attack when you summon 'cause they want a fair play 1v1 for the drakekeepers).