Ring depicting a hand grasping a stone.
Increases dark attack,
but reduces physical defense.
The origin of this ring is unknown,
but its design suggests one of the darker deities.
Effective use of this ring requires skill
on the part of the wearer.
Frozen Eleum Loyce treasure. You can drop down from the roof with three frozen chests. The ring is on a corpse next to a tree.
|Dark Clutch Ring||Increases Dark damage, decreases physical defense by 80 points.||30||2.0|
The Dark Clutch Ring increases the Dark AR (attack rating) stat of a weapon and decreases the player’s defense stats for Strike, Thrust and Slash by 80 points each.
The following are the rules for the highly variable Dark AR stat increases provided by the ring:
- The bonus is not affected by a weapon’s reinforcement, nor a character’s stats.
- A weapon must have a Dark attack stat for any effect to take place.
- Ordinary (Titanite -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Dark will receive 15 AR.
- Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have a natural Dark stat and have not been infused will always receive 30 AR.
- Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Dark, without a pre-existing Dark stat, will receive less than 30 AR. The worse a weapon takes a Dark reinforcement, the worse the bonus will be (e.g. Dark Blue Knight's Halberd receives 9 AR).
- Special (Twinkling Titanite and Petrified Dragon Bone -reinforced) weapons that have been infused with Dark, with a pre-existing Dark stat, will receive more than 30 AR. The better the weapon’s innate Dark characteristics, the greater the bonus (e.g. Dark Fume Sword receives 45 AR).
- When a special weapon that had a pre-existing Dark stat is infused with a different element (Magic, Lightning, or Fire) the bonus will be less than 30 AR. The greater the diminishment of the base Dark stat, the greater the diminishment of the Dark bonus.
- Special weapons infused with Raw, Enchanted, or Mundane will continue to receive the full 30 AR bonus to any pre-existing Dark stat.
- The ring also increases the Dark stats of spell catalysts, thereby increasing the strength of spells cast with those catalysts.