Lower's the player's health equal to the amount of one death (5%), as well as turning them hollow if they are not already. Curse does nothing once one's maximum health has been reduced to half.
Enemy Causes of Curse
|Cause of Curse||Location|
|Curse Jar||Shaded Woods
Shrine of Amana
|Lion Clan Warrior||Shaded Woods|
|Undead Peasant||Brightstone Cove Tseldora|
(when their sword glows blue)
|Forest of Fallen Giants
|Ashen Idol||Brume Tower|
|Nashandra||Throne of Want|
|Painting of the Queen||Drangleic Castle|
Resisting and Avoiding Curse
- The hollowing effect of Curse can be reversed by using a Human Effigy
- Increase the Attunement and Adaptability stats, which raise Curse Resist
- Cast Perseverance (increases resistance by 300 points for 120 seconds)
- Cast Iron Flesh (increases resistance by 200 points for 25 seconds).
- Equip the Cursebite Ring (increases resistance by 400 points)
- Equip the Ring of Resistance (increases resistance by 120/200 points)
- Equip Yorgh's Spear (increases resistance by 70 points)
- Equip various Curse-resistant armors
- Equip Hollow Skin to boost Curse resistance by 1000, which effectively makes the player immune to Curse.
- Equip Black Witch Veil to boost Curse resistance by 1000, which effectively makes the player immune to Curse.
- Block with shields that have high Curse resist
- Players cannot cause curse.
- Phantoms will not suffer the effects of curse.