The curved spine of the Covetous Demon is
That thing that ended up as a monstrous fiend,
Eating is an expression of desire.
- High Lightning Resistance
- Medium Dark Resistance
- Low Fire and Magic Resistance
- Weak to Thrusting-type attacks
Listen to the messages: Weakness: Beating to a pulp
This gluttonous monster isn't very tough, but his massive body makes it difficult to avoid his hits without staying a good distance away.
- His grabbing attack will probably not kill you, but it will remove all weapons, armor and rings that you have equipped.
- You can use arrows, bolts or magic to break the pottery hanging from the ceiling. Each jar contains a prisoner that the Covetous Demon will track down and eat while ignoring you. Wooden projectiles won't break the jars, but Iron Arrows and Heavy Bolts work just fine.
Try to bait him into attacking you from the front if possible. As he's busy with one of his various attacks, go to his sides or his tail and begin slashing away at him. If you stay near his tail too long, he'll begin smashing the ground with it. If you stay at his sides for too long, he'll roll over you causing hefty damage. If you get nice and friendly with his armpit he won't do a roll attack very often, and will try and attack as if you were in front of him but just ends up pushing you around without damaging you. Do not attempt this if you are heavily equipped, as you will need a good roll to get out of the way of his rolling attack when he does use it.
Do not neglect his thrusting attack weakness; it's far far higher than you'd expect. Most thrusting swords can kill this boss within seconds, and adding the Old Leo Ring onto them can make this bossfight into little more than a formality.
Bait him into attacking from the front as above, then cast Soul Vortex for heavy damage. He's so large each cast will deal full damage. It should not take more than 3-5 casts to bring him down.
Frozen Eleum Loyce NG++ Strategy
In NG++ two red ice rats are joining the fight, which makes the fight much more difficult.
For an easy win, just run up the path were the two red ice rats are coming from, pass two normal ice rats, run up the way and where the path splits, choose the left one.
This one ends at a door, which opens to the front court, so you can easily reach this place again if you die.
Dispatch the two red and two normal ice rats and then you can fire away from the small path on the covetous demon with spells or arrows without being able to get hit.
- He can be poisoned, but has high resistance to it. He can break the jars lining his room, causing him to poison himself.
- He takes reduced damage while eating an Undead Laborer.
- Enemies inside the vases spawn only once.
- [Tested with PC ver. 1.06, calibration ver. 1.10] Defeating the Covetous Demon with a member of the Heirs of the Sun covenant in your party will not reward you with a Sunlight Medal.