These Knights of Loyce plunged into the old Chaos with their lord, and lost their sense of self. To this day, they still burn in agony, alongside their once-proud king.
The Old Chaos
Appear from the portals.
||Susceptible but very resistant
- If you keep getting overwhelmed, use a powerful Twinblade (Curved Twinblade, Dragonrider Twinblade) to just poisebreak them and keep them from attacking.
- It is extremely beneficial to unlock all Loyce Knights before fighting in this area. The Loyce Knights will close all portals and one will stay with you to help fight the Burnt Ivory King.
- Cannot be backstabbed.
- Can have their guard broken.
- Can be parried.
- Each will wield one of: greataxe, greatsword, warhammer and Pyromancy Flame.
- Respawn indefinitely approximately every 2.5 minutes if you return to the area after defeating the Burnt Ivory King. The Loyce Knights won't aid you anymore, however, and you'll be unable to use large white summon signs, including the NPCs.
- After defeating the Burnt Ivory King, 3 will spawn at the same time out of the portals. Each will randomly be one of Pyromancy, Greataxe, Warhammer or Greatsword versions. After killing them all some number of times (12?) they'll start spawning in random numbers (0-3). The odds of spawn seems to decrease after killing them, where after ~40-50 times it becomes rare for 1 knight to spawn. Their spawn rate is on a timer and it is quite possible to engage up to 6 knights at once.
- The pyromancers have an extremely powerful fire whip spell. Getting caught directly will likely result in swift death. Use caution with slower weapons. This spell causes no poise damage, meaning anyone standing in it will not be knocked away, and the area of damage remains for a few seconds after the spell animation ends.
page revision: 29, last edited: 11 Mar 2016 18:18