The "Apostle of Sunlight" is a STR/FTH tank build that focuses on very high stability, and high defense, as well as high lightning damage.
This build is primarily designed for PvE and Co-Op, and depending on your soul memory, with a name-engraved ring, you could assist someone who has 2.25m souls at the least, while you'd have around 11m.
I would not recommend using the build as it stands for PvP, due to it's slow and support-based combat.
RIGHT HAND SLOT OPTIONS:
- Lightning Heide Greatlance +10
- Lightning Dragonslayer Bow +5
LEFT HAND SLOT OPTIONS:
- Tower Shield +10
- Lightning Dragon Chime +5
- Lightning Sun Sword +10
- Lightning Sunlight Parma +10
- Lightning Zweihander +10 (More useful on a DEX/FTH build, but still generates high damage on a STR/FTH build)
HEAD - Heide Knight Greathelm +10
CHEST - Heide Knight Armor +10
HANDS - Heide Knight Gauntlets +10
LEGS - Heide Knight Leggings +10
SLOT 1 - Royal Soldier's Ring +2 (Required for better mobility due to weight)
SLOT 2 - Old Leo Ring / Sun Seal (Take your pick; thrusting damage vs miracle damage)
SLOT 3 - Baneful Bird Ring (Required for higher stability while blocking)
SLOT 4 - Name-Engraved Ring / Agape Ring (Required for wider co-op range/soul management)
SLOT 1 - Estus Flask
SLOT 2 - Lifegem (Any)
SLOT 3 - Amber Herb / Wilted Dusk Herb
SLOT 4 - Repair Powder
SLOT 5 - Green Blossom
TOTAL ATTUNEMENT SLOTS: 5
SLOT 1 - Sunlight Spear (2 Slots)
SLOT 2 - Sunlight Blade (1 Slot)
SLOT 3 - Soothing Sunlight (2 Slots)
- Joining the Heirs of The Sun and acquiring 30 sunlight medals from successful co-op gameplay is required to obtain the Sunlight Spear, unless a player drops theirs.
- The easiest way to obtain a Dragon Chime is to kill Darkdiver Grandahl, who drops it upon death. However, if one does so, they will not be able to join the Pilgrims of Dark for that entire playthrough.
- To completely mimic this build setup, one would have to be at least in NG+ and have a steady supply of bonfire ascetics, especially if the original retail version is being played rather than the updated Scholars of The First Sin release. This is because Heide Knights spawn regularly in the newer release.
- Chancellor Wallager at Drangleic Castle sells an infinite amount of Repair Powder, which is vital for maintaining the Heide Greatlance due to high hit rate and low durability, especially in extended co-op situations.