The chaos flame is said to have
devoured the mother of pyromancy.
Create multiple pillars of chaos flame.
Those who sought great power were
consumed by their own desires.
Where are these lost souls now?
An area of effect pyromancy that causes pillars of flame to erupt in a circle around the caster, similar to Firestorm and Fire Tempest.
This is the second most powerful storm spell, and will leave traces of the pillars for a short time after they expire that deal some extra damage when walked on.
Located in the Iron Keep, in the room after the second bonfire with the platforms that can be raised/lowered. The pyromancy is in a metal chest at the end of a long path of lava rocks in the back left of the room.
To reach the chest, try to raise your fire defense as much as possible by
- equipping items with high fire resistance, such as the Alonne Captain Set, the Alonne Knight Set or the Black Witch Set, as well as the Flame Quartz Ring, the Dispelling Ring and the Dragon Tooth
- equipping either a Pharros Mask or rolling through the water-filled vases near the entrance of the area to be in wet state
- casting Flash Sweat on yourself (or alternatively consuming a Small Orange Burr, though it provides only half the fire defense of Flash Sweat)
Your fire defense should now be high enough to reduce the damage taken by a significant amount. If you still take too much damage from walking on lava, you can mitigate it by drinking Estus Flask. Find out how many steps you can take before you need another flask, and drink one or two before attempting to open the chest.
- Do not use a Small Orange Burr after casting Flash Sweat, as the buffs clash, leaving you with a smaller Fire resistance than expected.
- In case you have already activated the three lava streams, you can try to jump over the first one, run through the second one and jump over the third one. Drink an Estus Flask shortly before stepping onto the fire field.
|Spell Type||Uses||Duration||Attunement Slots|
Cast Increases with Attunement