The proud Ivory King was ever-merciful, and devoted himself to the protection of his great land, until he was devoured by the flames of chaos1
LocationThe Old Chaos
- High Fire Resistance
- Medium Dark Resistance
- Very high poison resistance
- Stabs sword into the ground, creating an AoE of ice crystals doing devastating damage.
- 3-4 hit combo, easy enough to roll back from.
- Buffs his sword with magic, giving extra magic damage on top of the physical damage. This buff is temporary
- Impales player and throws them onto the ground. Does massive damage, only does this when buffed
- Rushes towards player, does a leaping sword swipe.
Before going for the final boss in the DLC, find at least two of the three knights that can be found after talking to the oracle which melts several locations under ice, meaning you must revisit all of Frozen Eleum Loyce. Each knight you find will help you in your fight, and seal portals where enemy knights will come out. One knight is already there, three can be found, and there are three portals to be closed. With enemy knights spawning the portals the fight gets much more difficult, even with two phantoms summoned. If you manage to find all three knights, one will be left to fight against the burnt ivory king.
To fight the enemy knights, bring a shield with fire resistance, e.g. the Gyrm Greatshield, as they cast pyromancy too.
There will be enough time to switch shields after the enemy knights and before the burnt ivory king is arriving. For the burnt ivory king, equip a shield which has 95%+ physical protection, high magic protection and high stability (e.g. Defender's Shield, Old Knight's Shield or Havel's Greatshield).
Summoning at least one phantom is highly recommended.
The king has similar attack patterns to Sir Alonne and the Old Dragonslayer: if he is rotating to your direction - then he is attacking you. So only heal, perform ranged attack, etc. when he is not facing you.
It is possible (seen in one of the videos below) to get the boss killed by one of the friendly knights while freezing a portal shut. To do this, you must keep the boss busy in front of a portal while the knight is freezing it - a strong shield held in two hands is recommended, to keep the boss from moving too far.
- After you defeat the boss, the Crown of the Ivory King can be found on the ground. A beam of light will appear where you first landed, use it to teleport back up to the Grand Cathedral.
- You must survive an onslaught of Charred Loyce Knights before you can face the King himself.
- During the boss fight, more Charred Loyce Knights will spawn unless you have at least three of the lost Knights of Eleum Loyce with you, who will seal the portals.
- The Charred Loyce Knights before the fight appear to prioritize the host player when nearby over the Eleum Loyce knights.
- The Burnt Ivory King prioritizes the Eleum Loyce knights over the player. If the player freed all knights before the fight, the fourth can be used as a distraction while the player clears out any remaining Charred Loyce Knights.
- The actual buff the Burnt Ivory King does isn't like other buffs but he can in fact can take full damage during it. Taking this as a chance to do massive damage can change the course of battle.
- There appears to be a bug/glitch where after the Burnt Ivory King arrives, he will stand completely still for the entire fight. (I attacked him and even staggered him twice, and he still didn't move) Need someone to try and figure out what causes this.