A mountainous valley, containing many unknown treasures and traps. The remains of the Royal Army's encampment are found here, as well as access to the lair of The Duke's Dear Freja.
- Royal Army Campsite
In the second tent after entering the area. It's the biggest tent.
- Chapel Threshold
To the right of the exit from the Prowling Magus & Congregation boss room.
- Lower Brightstone Cove
Head down the stairs from the Chapel Threshold bonfire, once back outside roll down to the right, there will be a spider and hollow mage, on that level continue through the doorway where two more mages await around a big hole, take them out and head to the room on the left where there is a ladder leading down to the bonfire (you have to open the door from the inside in order to access it from ground level).
- Primal Bonfire
After defeating the Duke's Dear Freja.
- At the Royal Army Campsite, jump down the well to pick up three Holy Water Urns. Follow the path to the ladder, climb up and open the chest to receive five Human Effigies.
- At the Royal Army Campsite, knock down the scaffolding near the bonfire to receive 15x Lacerating Arrows.
- Along the path away from the Royal Army Campsite, climb up the ladder and move the boulder to the right to reveal Soul of a Brave Warrior.
- After passing the boulder path away from the Royal Army Campsite, immediately turn left and pick up a Large Titanite Shard.
- In the room before the Prowling Magus & Congregation there is an illusory wall. Behind is an Estus Flask Shard.
- In the clearing after Prowling Magus & Congregation look down the ledge to your left and there's a Crystal Lizard which drops a Petrified Dragon Bone and Twinkling Titanite.
- Next to Cromwell the Pardoner, you can pick up three Fading Souls, a Bonfire Ascetic, Cleric's Small Shield and Skeptic's Spice.
- Under the Chapel Threshold bonfire, head down the stairs to pick up a Large Titanite Shard.
- From the Chapel Threshold bonfire, go down and out to the ledge. Use the zip-line and then take the doorway on the left. Smash the bookcase in the far corner and go through. Open both doors, turn right and drop down. In the lower room, there is a switch behind some boxes that will lower a small platform with a metal chest on it containing the Southern Ritual Band +1 ring.
- In the area outside of the Lower Brightstone Cove bonfire with the quicksand pit, the building to the right with the Hollow Mage casting from the top has an Estus Flask Shard in it which you must drop down from the platform above to obtain.
- In the cathedral before the Duke's Dear Freja, destroy pews on the right to reveal a Soul of a Hero. Use the right pull switch in the room to reveal a body containing three Homeward Bones.
- In the cathedral, use the Brightstone Key to open the door, which will reveal a chest containing Black Knight Ultra Greatsword, a Fire Seed and Great Fireball.
- Watch out for the boulder traps after Royal Army Campsite.
- To get to Cromwell the Pardoner, head up the ladder to the left outside the Prowling Magus & Congregation chapel room.
- Weaponsmith Ornifex, appears in the room next to the Lower Brightstone Cove bonfire after having freed her in the Shaded Woods.
- In NG+ there is an additional encounter with the Duke's Dear Freja emerging from the hole right in front of the entrance to the chapel. She has limited attacks and mostly spits acid at you, as only a portion of her body is out of the hole. Her health bar shows up and it's possible to defeat her here. Any damage that you do to her at this point will carry over when you reach her boss room. She will retreat after a period of time or if you run away.