A tiny bug that produced light.
Brightbugs are said to comfort the dead,
and are found in the marshlands leading to the Undead Crypt.
By ingesting a brightbug just before death,
the moment at which they glow most brightly,
one attains great power for a short time.
Often utilized as a last-resort for adventurers who have lost their way.
Has no effect in other worlds or for phantoms.
- +20% damage and -20% incoming damage for two minutes.
- Cannot be used as a phantom or while White or Gold phantoms are present in the host's world. Cannot be used once invaded by a Red phantom, unknown if effect would persist if used before an invasion (need confirmation on Grey/Blue) .
- Three sold by Merchant Hag Melentia. Her stock replenishes when you advance further in the game, but the price also increases.
- The price starts at 6,000 souls, and increases to 12,000, 18,000, 24,000, 36,000, and finally 48,000 souls, each time a specific boss is killed.
- Killing the following bosses replenishes the stock, and increase the price: Old Iron King, the Duke's Dear Freja, the Lost Sinner, the Rotten, Looking Glass Knight
- Killing the Looking Glass Knight will set the price to 48,000 souls, and the stock will no longer replenish even if a Great Soul boss is killed afterwards.
- One found in Belfry Luna down in the dog filled dead-end alley where Vorgol the Sinner invades, from the bonfire after the boss. (SotFS only)
- One found in Aldia's Keep in a metal chest near the mirrors in the great hall. (SotFS only)
- Two found in the Cave of the Dead, on a corpse.
- Two inside a metal chest in Brume Tower. Up an elevator near the Foyer bonfire is a ledge you can jump onto while the elevator is going up.
- Two can be found in a metal chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce. Round room containing a previously frozen Mimic after the Abandoned Dwelling bonfire.