Blue Sentinels who wear the Guardian's Seal are summoned to the aid of players in the Way of Blue who are invaded by red phantoms. Blue Sentinels can also use Cracked Blue Eye Orbs to invade players who have acquired sufficient sin, or offer Tokens of Fidelity to spar with other Sentinels in the arena.
How to Join
Tokens of Fidelity are awarded after successful White Phantom co-op. A single Token of Fidelity can also be found on a secluded platform just outside of the Bridge Approach bonfire in Huntsman's Copse. The tokens may be used at one of the statues in the basement of the cathedral to spar with another member of the Sentinels.
|0||Join covenant.||Guardian's Seal|
|1||50 kills||Spirit Tree Shield
Blue aura upgraded
|2||150 kills||Wrath of the Gods miracle
Blue aura upgraded
|3||500 kills||Bountiful Sunlight miracle
How to Rank Up
Rank is determined by the sum total of kills from each of the three methods listed. Unlike in the Brotherhood of Blood covenant, deaths are never counted against you.
- Defeat an invading Red Phantom after being summoned to defend a Way of Blue member.
- Defeat a host who has accumulated sin by invading them with a Cracked Blue Eye Orb.
- Win a sparring match in the arena. Find a match by using the statues near the Cathedral of Blue bonfire. A Token of Fidelity is consumed every time a match begins, unlike the Brotherhood of Blood covenant.
Guardian's Seal PvP
For Way of Blue summoner:
- Summoner does not need to be human.
- Summoner does not need to have the Blue Seal ring equipped.
- Summoner cannot already have two (Dark Souls II) / three (Scholar of the First Sin) co-op phantoms present.
For Blue Sentinel protector:
Your covenant symbol will not flash if you do not meet each of these criteria. A flashing covenant symbol indicates that you meet all requirements to be summoned by your covenant.
- You must be human.
- You must have the Guardian's Seal ring equipped.
- You must be in a PvP-enabled area. Having an active burnt Human Effigy in an area will prevent you from being summoned. You will not necessarily be summoned to the area that you are in.
Similar to Cracked Blue Eye Orbs, Way of Blue members will first summon Blue Sentinels for help from the area the summoner is currently in. Blue Sentinel members have a higher chance of being summoned if they are in an area where summons are more likely to originate.
If the host dies before the red phantom invader is defeated, you will be sent back to your world. It's entirely possible, even likely, for the host to die before you even arrive - red phantom invaders have quite a head start.
Cracked Blue Eye Orb PvP
Cracked Blue Eye Orbs will search for the world of a host who has accumulated enough Sin to achieve the title of Sinner or worse. If such a host is found, you will invade their world as a blue phantom. You will not necessarily invade in the area where you used the Orb.
Cracked Blue Eye Orbs first search the area you are currently in, then check other areas. Attempting to use an Orb is more likely to be successful if you use it in an area where sinners are.
The Cracked Blue Eye Orb is consumed once you enter the host's world. Failing to find a host to invade does not consume an orb.
The statues near the Cathedral of Blue bonfire can be interacted with in order to be matched with another Blue Sentinel for a sparring duel. You must have a Token of Fidelity in order to use the statues, and the Token of Fidelity will be consumed as the duel begins.
Both players enter the arena as blue phantoms, so there is no penalty for death and normal healing items cannot be used.
The winner is awarded a Cracked Blue Eye Orb and a covenant rank point. There is no penalty for losing.
The arena will preferentially match you with someone near your Soul Level1, but if a match is not available near your level, you can be matched with anyone. The arena does not take Soul Memory into account at all, unlike every other PvP system in the game aside from the Brotherhood of Blood arena.
Each of the three statues leads to a different area. The arena will preferentially match you with someone queued for the same area, but if no one is available for that area, it will match you for any area.
- A narrow cross-shaped plaform high over water. Falling off the edge will kill you. There are small steps up/down that you can get stuck on if attempting to back up.
- A maze of small intersecting rooms. Visibility is limited, so ducking behind corners is viable. Stairs at each corner allow you to go up on the narrow walls.
- A two-level open square with statues in the middle.
- If you are a sinner and a member of the Sentinels, you can still be invaded by Blue Phantoms.
- Using Blue Sentinel invasions methods, you can be sent anywhere in the game, but the area you invade in has a priority.
- Even though the covenant is a type of "good" or "good karma", you will still become hostile towards to the host's friendly phantoms.
- Matchmaking is determined by Soul Memory and the item used. See Online Matchmaking for more details. Please note match making in Blue Sentinels arena is not based on Soul Memory.