Once the Bleed meter is full, the target's HP will be damaged by 200. It will also reduce the maximum stamina of the target to 75% for 5 to 10 seconds.
Enemy Causes of Bleed
Player Methods of inflicting Bleed
- Imbuing a weapon with a Bleed Stone.
- Applying Bleeding Serum to a weapon for a temporary Bleed effect.
- Using weapons with a Bleed effect:
- Ashen Warrior Sword
- Bandit's Knife
- Barbed Club
- Bewitched Alonne Sword
- Bound Hand Axe
- Bound Wooden Shield
- Chariot Lance
- Curved Twinblade
- Eleum Loyce
- Full Moon Sickle
- Greatsword of the Forlorn
- Ice Rapier
- Ivory King Ultra Greatsword
- Morning Star
- Notched Whip
- Royal Greatsword
- Scythe of the Forlorn
- Work Hook
- Using these consumables:
If you intend to wield a weapon that inflicts bleed, it's important to be aware of your Bleed ATK Bonus stat.
Your Bleed ATK Bonus does NOT affect the total amount of damage the bleed will do; it only increases the amount of bleed buildup you will inflict per hit.
Increasing Bleed bonus
- Weapons with innate Bleed get 50 points of extra damage.
- Weapons infused with Bleed get 25 points of extra damage.
- Weapons with innate Bleed AND infused with Bleed get 60 points of extra damage.
- These items stack, so wearing both of them and using a Bleed-infused weapon grants 50 points of extra damage.
Resisting and Avoiding Bleed
- Increase the Adaptability and Faith stats, which raise Bleed Resist
- Use a Red Leech Troches (increases resistance by 200 points for 90 seconds)
- Cast Perseverance (increases resistance by 150 points for 120 seconds)
- Cast Iron Flesh (increases resistance by 200 points for 25 seconds).
- Equip the Bloodbite Ring (increases resistance by 150/300 points)
- Equip the Ring of Resistance (increases resistance by 120/200 points)
- Equip Yorgh's Spear (increases resistance by 70 points)
- Equip various Bleed-resistant armors
- Block with shields that have high Bleed resist