Binoculars are used to peer at distant sights.
Equip in place of a weapon to use.
A rare tool crafted in Volgen.
These won't help you in battle, but with a
little creativity, can be put to good use.
Majula treasure. Found by dropping down off a cliff in the gap between boulders on the path leading directly out of Things Betwixt. It will be on a corpse next to the entrance of the Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Holding down L1/L2 (or R1/R2 if you're using it in your right hand) zooms the camera in to a first-person perspective.
- If you drain more than your remaining stamina while zoomed in the camera will go back to third-person perspective.
- Can be used to aim spells in first-person like a bow, and hit distant targets without locking on. Equip the Binoculars in one hand and a Spell Tool in the other hand. Aim with the Binoculars first and then cast the spell.
Spells will always hit the middle of the screen but if it drains more than your remaining stamina the camera will go back to a third-person perspective and the spell will go straight forward, probably wasting it.
- Can be used to aim a crossbow in first-person while one-handling it, and hit distant targets without locking on. Equip the Binoculars in one hand and a Crossbow in the other hand. Aim with the Binoculars first and then fire the bolt.
Bolts will always hit where your aiming, even if it drains more than your remaining stamina. (Note: Using this method does not make a reticule appear in the middle of the screen to help you aim.)
- Cannot run or use consumables while zoomed in but attacking, rolling and back-stepping are still possible.
- Cannot be upgraded or infused.
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are A / B / C / D / E:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
The Aux Effect stat dictates how effective the weapon will be at causing the effect. The Aux Effect stats for a weapon are A / B:
|Counter Strength:||Damage multiplier when hitting an enemy that is performing an action such as attacking. Value of 100 means no extra damage.|
|Poise Damage:||The ability of the weapon to break the poise of an enemy.|
The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively.
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon,
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 100% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing
The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat.
The Damage Reduction % of the weapon. It dictates how much damage the weapon mitigates while blocking.
|Aux Effect Reduction:||
The Aux Effect Reduction % of the weapon. It dictates how much of the effect the weapon mitigates while blocking.
|Stability:||Determines the amount of stamina expended to block an incoming attack. A higher stability also allows you to block stronger
attacks without breaking guard and reduces the amount of stamina depleted from blocking attacks.
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 70% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going
over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.
|Enchantable? Items/Spells:||Determines whether or not the weapon can receive a temporary damage buff by items and/or spells. Note that if you decided
to infuse the weapon it cannot be enchanted by items.