A stone that is terribly heavy for its size. Offer it to the
Victor's Stone to strengthen the bond with your covenant.
The Victor's Stone thirsts for the souls of fallen warriors,
condensed within awestones, as if they were once part
of the whole.
- Guaranteed drop from invading Red Phantoms, both NPCs and players
Rare enemy drops:
- Flame Salamanders in Forest of Fallen Giants
- Old Knights in Heide's Tower of Flame (Note: Only the Ultra Greatsword-Wielding Old Knights drop Awestones)
- Enhanced Undead in Sinner's Rise
- Forest Guardians in Shaded Woods
- Primal Knights in Doors of Pharros and Drangleic Castle
- Hunting Dogs in the Gutter
- Razorback Nightcrawlers in Black Gulch
- Ruin Sentinels in Drangleic Castle
- Stone Knights in King's Passage
- Leydia Witches and Grave Wardens in Undead Crypt
- Ogres in Things Betwixt, Shrine of Amana and Aldia's Keep. NOTE: The Ogre in the first Forest of the fallen giants bonfire also dropped me an awestone a few times.
- Mirror Squires in Aldia's Keep
- Dragon Knights in Dragon Shrine
- Elite Giants in Memory of Vammar
- Flexile sentry boss in No man's wharf dropped me one awestone (NG). Not confirmed if the non-boss version also drops. Nobody said nothing about the boss version, and we have also another enemy that is boss and non-boss in another place (Ruin sentinels) where the non-boss drops awestones, maybe they follow the same pattern.
Red Phantom NPC invader locations:
- Huntsman's Copse, on the cliff path prior to fighting the Skeleton Lords boss
- Grave of Saints, right after climbing up the ladder (must be offline). Note: Spawns 12 times, as normal enemies only on NG+ or higher.
- Doors of Pharros, Bowman Guthry invades right after entering the Rat King covenant area (must be offline). Note: Spawns 12 times, as normal enemies only on NG+ or higher.
- The Gutter, on one of the cliff sides with ambush of undead climbing up edge, spawns Melinda the Butcher on a platform
- Drangleic Castle, right after the large painting of the queen
- Belfry Luna, a Bell Keeper invades and waits for you next to the bell lever (must be offline)
- Belfry Luna, Upper Ramparts bonfire - after the Belfry Gargoyles fight, down the ladder where all the dogs are
- Belfry Sol, a Bell Keeper invades next to the bell lever (must be offline)
- Shrine of Amana, after Rhoy's Resting Place bonfire
- Undead Crypt, Undead Ditch: The room before the long hallway of Wall Warriors
- Aldia's Keep, right after entering the keep itself
- Dragon Shrine, in the tower with the Petrified Egg
Royal Sorcerer Navlaan invasions:
- Forest of Fallen Giants, The Place Unbeknownst bonfire
- The Gutter, Upper Gutter: Go directly forward, fall into the hole, and jump across to the torch hollow
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora, Lower Brightstone Cove: Area with spikes on the floor
- Drangleic Castle, Forgotten Chamber bonfire
- Aldia's Keep: near Guardian Dragon fog wall
- Dragon Aerie, right before the final bridge to Dragon Shrine
- You must be a member of the Company of Champions covenant for Awestones to become available as a dropped item.
- If you wish to go offline:
- Join a Party (Xbox 360).
- On the Steam client, close the game and choose Steam -> Go Offline.
Equip whatever Item Discovery articles you can. The Old Knights in Heide's Tower of Flame are an excellent place to farm Awestones, provided you don't have access to the Grave of Saints or Bonfire Ascetics, in which case continually farming Rhoy the Explorer is your best farming option as mentioned above, considering you can trigger the invasion 12 times per Bonfire Ascetic used. Remember that you need to use the Ascetic on Harval's Resting Place after defeating the Rat Vanguard boss, and NOT at the Grave of Saints second bonfire, Grave Entrance.
Keep in mind that only the Old Knights who wield the Old Knight Ultra Greatsword can drop Awestones. The most time efficient method is to start at the second bonfire and go down the staircase to where you fought the Dragonrider. Kill the Old Knight there, and proceed up the stairs to the central circular section. You can draw the Old Knight wielding the ultra greatsword by damaging any of the knights with a ranged attack. Run back down the stair about halfway, and the shield knights will not pursue you. The Old Knight with the ultra greatsword will, however. This is a good strategy if you are not confident about your ability to fight all three knights at once. If you are confident, just murder them all simultaneously. Once that knight is dispatched, proceed towards the Old Dragonslayer boss and kill the final Old Knight without a shield. This is the complete run. Rinse and repeat until you have as many Awestones as you need. I just did this run over and over in 5 hours and got 36 Awestones from it. I got approximately 350k soul memory, so do understand that this will take a considerable amount of time and inflate your soul memory.
The best way to do this run, providing you can kill the knights without being hit, is to run through, kill all of the knights, and jump off into the sea. This is a fast way to get back to the bonfire. Although risky because you can be killed easily with the half reduced HP you will eventually get, if you collect your bloodstain each time, you can retain a considerable amount of souls. Alternatively, you can use homeward bones, though I feel those are too useful to use in a farming situation when it is only being used because of laziness. You can, of course, walk back to the bonfire. Trust me, this gets old by the 1000th time.
Of course, all enemies respawn infinitely, so this is a repeatable strategy.
Second Strategy (I don't recommend this one): The Razorback Nightcrawler enemies in Black Gulch drop Awestones quite often, but this is a considerably slower farming location than the knights, due to the cumbersome poison statues and the distance required to get to Black Gulch.
Go to the Hidden Chamber bonfire and kill the Nightcrawlers. You can also kill the Coal Tar enemies for some upgrade materials while you're at it. Rinse and repeat.