A stone that is terribly heavy for its size. Offer it to the
Victor's Stone to strengthen the bond with your covenant.
The Victor's Stone thirsts for the souls of fallen warriors,
condensed within awestones, as if they were once part
of the whole.
- Guaranteed drop from invading Red Phantoms, both NPCs and players
Rare enemy drops:
- Flame Salamanders in Forest of Fallen Giants
- Old Knights in Heide's Tower of Flame (Note: Only the Ultra Greatsword-Wielding Old Knights drop Awestones)
- Enhanced Undead in Sinner's Rise
- Forest Guardians in Shaded Woods
- Primal Knights in Doors of Pharros and Drangleic Castle
- Hunting Dogs in the Gutter
- Razorback Nightcrawlers in Black Gulch
- Ruin Sentinels in Drangleic Castle
- Stone Knights in King's Passage
- Leydia Witches and Grave Wardens in Undead Crypt
- Ogres in Things Betwixt, Shrine of Amana and Aldia's Keep. NOTE: The Ogre in the first Forest of the fallen giants bonfire also dropped me an awestone a few times.
- Mirror Squires in Aldia's Keep
- Dragon Knights in Dragon Shrine
- Elite Giants in Memory of Vammar
- Flexile sentry boss in No man's wharf dropped me one awestone (NG). Not confirmed if the non-boss version also drops. Nobody said nothing about the boss version, and we have also another enemy that is boss and non-boss in another place (Ruin sentinels) where the non-boss drops awestones, maybe they follow the same pattern.
Red Phantom NPC invader locations:
- Huntsman's Copse, on the cliff path prior to fighting the Skeleton Lords boss
- Grave of Saints, right after climbing up the ladder (must be offline). Note: Spawns 12 times, as normal enemies only on NG+ or higher.
- Doors of Pharros, Bowman Guthry invades right after entering the Rat King covenant area (must be offline). Note: Spawns 12 times, as normal enemies only on NG+ or higher.
- The Gutter, on one of the cliff sides with ambush of undead climbing up edge, spawns Melinda the Butcher on a platform
- Drangleic Castle, right after the large painting of the queen
- Belfry Luna, a Bell Keeper invades and waits for you next to the bell lever (must be offline)
- Belfry Luna, Upper Ramparts bonfire - after the Belfry Gargoyles fight, down the ladder where all the dogs are
- Belfry Sol, a Bell Keeper invades next to the bell lever (must be offline)
- Shrine of Amana, after Rhoy's Resting Place bonfire
- Undead Crypt, Undead Ditch: The room before the long hallway of Wall Warriors
- Aldia's Keep, right after entering the keep itself
- Dragon Shrine, in the tower with the Petrified Egg
Royal Sorcerer Navlaan invasions:
- Forest of Fallen Giants, The Place Unbeknownst bonfire
- The Gutter, Upper Gutter: Go directly forward, fall into the hole, and jump across to the torch hollow
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora, Lower Brightstone Cove: Area with spikes on the floor
- Drangleic Castle, Forgotten Chamber bonfire
- Aldia's Keep: near Guardian Dragon fog wall
- Dragon Aerie, right before the final bridge to Dragon Shrine
- You must be a member of the Company of Champions covenant for Awestones to become available as a dropped item.
- If you wish to go offline:
- Join a Party (Xbox 360).
- On the Steam client, close the game and choose Steam -> Go Offline.
The Razorback Nightcrawlers in Black Gulch drop awestones quite often and they respawn infinitely.
Go to the Hidden Chamber bonfire and kill the Razorbacks, you can also kill the coal tars for some
upgrade materials while you're at it. Rinse and repeat.