An aged bird feather.
Return to last bonfire rested at.
Can be used repeatedly.
The child of the dragon, sequestered away
from the world, imagined a world of boundless
possibilities from the mere sight of a feather.
Acts as a reusable homeward bone that will teleport you to the last bonfire you rested at.
- Warping with Homeward Bone / Aged Feather will not cause you to rest at the bonfire, but it will reset the world and all enemies as if you had.
- This means Homeward Bone / Aged Feather are safe to use during "no bonfire" runs.
- Since all enemies will be restored and you will not be, you will usually want to immediately rest after using Homeward Bone / Aged Feather.
- Even if you avoid resting at bonfires or using Homeward Bone / Aged Feather, enemies can respawn if you get far enough away that an area is unloaded. This distance is much further than in Dark Souls. If you run from Majula to Vendrick at the end of Undead Crypt and then back, only Shaded Woods will have been reloaded - Shrine of Amana and Drangleic Castle will be the way you left them. (This may possibly vary by platform.)
- Warping with Homeward Bone / Aged Feather will cause any summon signs you placed to disappear, no matter how short the distance you warp.
- The Emerald Herald holds it when leveling you up, but you still cannot level up without using the Emerald Herald.